Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello: Ok a newby here. I did my basic REW room measurement - for a small home recording studio. The graphs have been generated - Now I need some help to interpret the results. The general "Help" section is very wordy with theory and technical stuff. I am not finding it very user friendly in terms of...."okay here is what this says about your room and how to apply it" If needed I guess I can send some screen shots, etc....

Thanks !!! Charles

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks -- give me a little while on that. I guess I will also need to find out how to attach / upload files to here....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that info - will probably have the 5. I started over on my room analysis - something in the "calibrate soundcard" instructions caught my eye that I did wrong the first time around: creating the direct loop between my interfaces out and in - duh. The first time I did calibration, it was with the speakers and the meter going to the R- in channel. This time I did the calibration with a direct-line loop from out to R-in......correct? Thanks!

·
Registered
239 Posts
The posted sound card loopback calibration indicates monitoring feedback.

Please see Getting set up for measuring in REW help files.

Windows: Control Panel-->Sounds and Audio Devices-->Volume-->Advanced brings up Master Volume controls. Mute "Mic" and/or "Line in" if displayed, otherwise continue in Master Volume with: Options-->Properties, and set "Adjust volume for" Playback if not already set for that. Then under "Show the following volume controls:" make sure to check off for Microphone, and Line. You can check everything here. Click OK to get back to Master Volume. Now Mute everything except Wave.

If Windows, sound card with ASIO drivers and REW beta with ASIO support then Direct Monitor features are on sound card, or in software feature, and need to be muted, turned to zero and otherwise disabled.

Andrew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts