Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a NR-818 with a component TV. Cable box and DVD are also running component so there is no up conversion. Since the NR-818 only displays the screen on a TV with HDMI the Initial Setup Wizard that says on the NR-818 "SEE TV..." doesn't do me a bit of good. After 5 hours of messing with this thing trying to find the screens to set it up for component in and out I give up.

Cable box is plugged into Component 2, Optical 2
DVD player is plugged into Component 1, RCA BD/DVD
CD changer is plugged into TV/CD

TV Video is hooked up component and/or RCA digital. I tried both tonight but can't find the NR-818 menus to select component in and out etc. The initial setup menus we can't see without HDMI.

Speakers are 15" wide, RF-62 front, RC-52 center, 12" side and small back. No sub.

Anyone who can help please do so otherwise we will have to put this back in the box until the day comes we have a TV with HDMI which is at least a year or two off.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are some HDMI to component converters on the market, which will allow you to connect to your TV using component. Here's one on Amazon, but there are others out there:

http://www.amazon.com/Kanex-Pro-HDRGBRL-Component-Converter/dp/B00BW0XXZ6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1388075981&sr=8-2&keywords=hdmi+to+component
Thank You. This is a good time to update the ticket. 6:30 this morn they called back. We had everything configured correctly and plugged in correctly. The technician had us hook the cable box directly to the TV to make sure it was working which it was, when we plugged it back into the NR-818 it started working. My only guess is that we either have a bad component cable or the initial handshake and automatic configuration failed. The NR-818 is supposed to sense the cable box and TV component plug-in, then turn the input and output on. This is in addition to the user settings which I had already configured as best I could. This request for help can be closed and once again I thank everyone here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts