Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my wife gave me the "ok" for a small home theater system. At first, months ago she was opposed to it after she saw the TC SOUNDS LMS 5400 ULTRA on the living room. . Since she told me NO back then, I decided to use it on my van. Yeah I did it and was very impressed how detailed and amazing clarity this sub performs. I used 2x audison LRX 1.2K to powered them at 1 ohm stable each. Roughly 3300 each. They sound great on a 11ft cubic box that I did for them. Huge box ported with an 11" port. I did the box for testing purposes but was very pleased and decided to use it for a few months. Finally, it's time to used them at home.

To start with, I enjoy high quality music. I am an "SQL" GUY. I like for the music and video to sound as clean as possible. I am not afraid of DIY. I am in a budge and would hate to spend more money that I am not supposed to. Lol. My home theater system will be simple yet it has to sound clean with deep crushing bass I want to incorporate the following speakers that I already have on the clothet taking dust. I do not want to buy more soeakers.

I have;
1x 46" SAMSUNG 8000 SERIES LED TV. I will upgrade this soon.
1x Samsung bluray
12× 6.5 audison voce speakers. From the car build. They sound really good.
2x tc sounds Lms ultra 5400
4x Jbl 2446h drivers with 2380a horns
2x audison lrx 1.2k. 3300 satts each. I wished I could have use these for the home but would be inposible. (Maybe) I probably sell these and with some more cash I can get a LAB GRUPPEB 10000Q. To power the 2 tc sound lms 5400--HOPEFULLY.

My living room is 20x20. I do not have experience on home theaters. I do have some experience on car audio equipments. My current setup in the car is a 3way component system. I am not sure if this can be done or is effective in a home environment. I want to use the audison for "mid bass" frequency is about 60hz to 10khz. My horns are 500hz to 18khz +++ I like active setups with no crossovers.

What do yoy guys can suggest to me as far as head unit "receivers, amps, dsp etc" ?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
Minidsp for active crossovers...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ellisr63, that minidsp is a bargain at $249 compared to what I paid for my 2x audison bit one's. Hmmm I could probably use one of them using a psu from a computer and save that money to buy wood for the build of the subs? Are you familiar with the audison bit one?

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
Ellisr63, that minidsp is a bargain at $249 compared to what I paid for my 2x audison bit one's. Hmmm I could probably use one of them using a psu from a computer and save that money to buy wood for the build of the subs? Are you familiar with the audison bit one?
If you get a 2x4... You can do a 2 way setup for 2 speakers and it is only $105. I am just using a 4 way USB hub for powering mine (3 MiniDSP 2x4s), and will be unplugging the USB link to the PC so the pc doesn't have to be on (it will use it's own power supply. If you are just using one you can just get the correct wall wart, and cut off the end and hook it up (correctly of course). :T

Sorry, but I am not familiar with the Audison one... I think I still have one of their car stereo amps but that is as far as I got with their product.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts