Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using my home theater system about six months. I am running into an issue where during playback of either dvds or Blu-ray discs where the video will blank out for anywhere from 30-90 seconds. Audio remains ok. It seems to happen when there are scene changes in the video, such as going from light to dark.

I am using a Panasonic AE 7000U projector and a Samsung HT-E6730W Blu-ray player. It is connected to the projector via an 3 foot cable going to an HDMI wall Plate, and then a 16 foot HDMI cable going to the projector.
The HDMI cables are Mediabridge Ultra Series High Speed Category 2

My Blu-ray player is running the latest firmware.

I have done some internet searching and the general consensus seems to be that this is caused by data lag between the player and the projector.

Can anyone advise if this is the likely cause, and if it is; what steps I can take to alleviate it? Thank you!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Well besides the obvious of changing the cables if you have another tv source you might hook the BD player to it and see if the problem shows up then. If it does it would point to the player. Also welcome to the Shack...:wave:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts