Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

221 - 240 of 467 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Hello my name is Jack and I have become a Klipsch addict.
I have recently bought into the sickness with a pair of KLF10's and liked them, had Crites send up a couple new titanium tweeters, loved em, now going with the new crossover and hope to like that as well. Have the C-7 on the way and will surely do the goods there too with some....ahhh....KLF30s on the way too. Does that make me bad ?? :gulp:
So you've come over to the dark side ehh?:scared:

Welcome...I think you will enjoy Klipsch vintage speakers - so far its the only brand that I have come back to repeatedly! I was in a push for a Vertical Cornwall but everyone I encountered either wanted to sell a pair or was too far away. I'll take that as a sign that God doesn't want me to do this yet. :innocent: Anyway - welcome to the brotherhood!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello my name is Jack and I have become a Klipsch addict.
I have recently bought into the sickness with a pair of KLF10's and liked them, had Crites send up a couple new titanium tweeters, loved em, now going with the new crossover and hope to like that as well. Have the C-7 on the way and will surely do the goods there too with some....ahhh....KLF30s on the way too. Does that make me bad ?? :gulp:

Me too! I'm bracing a pair of KLF 30's that had none at all :( I'm getting ti diaphragms and Crites rebuilt crossovers. Should be here by Fri.

Since you are getting the KLF 30's are you going to use the KLF 10's as surrounds? I can't decide what surrounds i should get. I'm thinking either the 30's, 10's, or RS7 or something else? :huh:

·
Registered
50 Posts
The first Klipsch speakers I bought were RS-42ii. They worked very well for surround speakers. I then bought a pair of RF-62ii for the front speakers and a RC-52ii for the center. Sold the RS-42ii and bought a pair of RS-52ii. These seem to give me much better surround sound. Then sold the RF-62ii and got RF-82ii. Made a slight difference, but I eventually sold the RF-82ii and got RF-7ii. These gave a sound that was much better than the RF-82ii. I got a RC-64 for the center speaker. I would have bought the RC-64ii but I got a great deal on the older speaker. It sounds great even though the tweeter is a different size than in the RF-7ii. I had a pair of RS-10 for awhile for back surrounds but sold them and got RB-61iis. Hope to keep this system for a long while (no more money to spend). I got an Emotiva XPA-5 to power all but the back surrounds. This amp make everything sound much clearer and I can now pick up individual instruments that I never could before. I bought an XPA-200 for the back surrounds. If the XMC-1 every comes out I will have to think about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a pair of RB-61s and really like the sound of them and the detail. I compared the RB-61s to a pair of Polk RTi A5s for the last month. I like the sound of the RB-61s better (more accurate and better transients) but the imaging and soundstage are not as nice as the RTi A5s.
Questions:
1. Will RF-62s provide better imaging and soundstage then the RB-61s?
2. Will the RF-62s sound ok only 12" from the side walls and 18" from the back wall. Separation between speakers will be 8'. Distance to listening position 7'.

Room is 11' x 20' with a 7' high drop ceiling and 9" of fiberglass in joists. I plan to build a partition wall 13' from the front wall which will be open framed with 4" of fiberglass to allow sound to pass to the back of the room where the furnace is and reduce reflections from the concrete walls and furnace in the back part of the room. I am thinking soft ceiling and soft back wall to make the room seem taller and longer.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.:innocent:

·
Registered
8 Posts
My first Klipsch was KG4.2 which I got it as a present from my dad 22 years ago. Still working well. Just that the new RF series has better clarity over it when I compared it. The KG4.2 is now being used in my study room for music.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Does anyone have the rs 41 ii's? If so are they any good? My wife ordered me 2 of those and the rf 62 ii's.
I was using a pair of RS 41ii's as back surrounds. They were not bad, but certainly did not keep up with and sound as good as RS-52ii or RS-42 ii, both of which I had at one time. Still have the RS-52sii. When I was setting the system up and using test tones you could definitely tell the sound was not as good as the other speakers.

I now use RB-61iis as back surrounds. They are okay, but wish I had gotten RS-42iis (can't afford anymore RS-52iis).

·
Registered
313 Posts
I was using a pair of RS 41ii's as back surrounds. They were not bad, but certainly did not keep up with and sound as good as RS-52ii or RS-42 ii, both of which I had at one time. Still have the RS-52sii. When I was setting the system up and using test tones you could definitely tell the sound was not as good as the other speakers.

I now use RB-61iis as back surrounds. They are okay, but wish I had gotten RS-42iis (can't afford anymore RS-52iis).
Are the rb 61 ii's better than rs 41 ii's?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Are the rb 61 ii's better than rs 41 ii's?
In my opinion the RB-61s are better sounding than the RS-41s. This is kind of expected since they have six inch speakers instead of four inch. Of course the RS-41 has two tweeters, but I still didn't like the sound all that well.

I would have gone with another pair of RS-52iis if I had the money. RS-42iis might have been okay but I sold mine a long time ago and I do not remember how they sounded. Never heard the RS-62iis due to price but I bet they would really sound good. I would love four of the RS-62iis but that will only be in my dreams.:sad:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Frontal pic didn't turn out too well due to the lighting on my Canon (I broke my Samsung phone I used for the first) but it looks the same as the back, everything is solid black. Subs are also behind the seat now which sounds better and is less cluttersome. RF-7ii's up front, RC-64ii, side and rear surrounds are the RS-62, subs are the new R-115SW. Atmos is about to go live with four Klipsch 8" coaxes in the ceiling. Highs are powered by a Marantz SR-7009. Have not integrated it beyond simply being a toy but off to the sides there are two 18" UltiMax's in sealed boxes powered by an iNuke 6000. Seats are Magnolia's covered in phantom black fabric, they have since increased in price a whole hell of a bunch.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Any one know of any major differences between the rf-82 and the rc-82ii's. I bought the r-28fs on Black Friday but was not impressed. So I picked up a older set of the 82's for the same price..

Front is
Center- cadence for now
Mains-klipsch rf-82
Rear-cdt 5800
Subs are custom built pushed by a crown xls 1500
Onkyo tx sr 806
60" lg plasma

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any one know of any major differences between the rf-82 and the rc-82ii's. I bought the r-28fs on Black Friday but was not impressed. So I picked up a older set of the 82's for the same price..

Front is
Center- cadence for now
Mains-klipsch rf-82
Rear-cdt 5800
Subs are custom built pushed by a crown xls 1500
Onkyo tx sr 806
60" lg plasma
I supposed you are referring to RF-82 II and not RC-82 II (center channel). The R-28F is a series lower than the RF-82 II. I think it is meant to replace the Synergy series.

As for the difference between the old RF-82 and the current RF-82 II, it says re-engineered drivers and a new crossover system. I have only heard the RF-82 but not the RF-82 II. Thus, can't comment on the improvement.

·
Registered
169 Posts
So I bought the r-28f's and was not impressed. As soon as I got them I found a older set of rf-82's on eBay and picked those up and wow I'm glad I did.. The sound awesome. Now I need my center channel and I'll be all set up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can you guys give me your thoughts on using a pair of CDT-3650-C-IIs as rear speakers for my setup? I'm currently running with a pair of GoldenEar Triton Twos for the fronts (no center speaker) with GoldenEar SuperSat 3s for the sides.

I had a installer come out the other day to give me a quote to conceal all my cables and wiring in the ceilings and walls. He suggested replacing the SuperSats with the Klipschs in the ceiling. The way the room is laid out, the SuperSats on their stands are kind of in the way of things. However, I think it may be possible to mount the SuperSats on the walls, if so, then I may have the CDT-3650-C-IIs installed anyway to upgrade from 4 speakers to 6.

Anyway, I just wanted to see what you all had to say about using the Klipsch's as side or rear speakers.

221 - 240 of 467 Posts