Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have owned Heresy II's, why i sold them I'll never know.

I'm considering Khorns for a seperate listening room. The room is 14' wide by 12' 6" deep and 9' ceilings.

What do you think, is this too much speaker for this size room?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm a Klipsch owner again (after a lapse of 25 years).

Just had Khorns delivered last week, driving with a Jolida integrated. Pulling out all the CD's again!

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I own a pair of B3's now it's not much i'd call the classic klipsch but they sound nice to me. I use them as rear surrounds in my HT.

they are a warm and clear sounding pair of bookshelf speakers for thoes not famuliar with them. I have enjoyed them greatly and look forward to trying other speaker lines fomr klipsch

thank you for reading my post.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I currently use: B3 fronts, C3 center, Quintet III's (x4 surrounds), Sub-12 (modified). They are nice sounding speakers, but I will be upgrading in the near future and I'll most likely stay with Klipsch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've have Klipsch speakers since the mid 80s. I started with a pair of KG4's then added another pair for Dolby surround, then eventually a pair of Kg2 for a 5.1 system with three Kg4 up front and the Kg2 in the rear.

I updated the surrounds to RS-3 front and rear (Yamaha RX-V2095 had front effects channels). I later added a KV3 center and regrettably sold one pair of Kg4s. I purchased an SW8 sub for upper bass and added a custom-made ACI Saturn compound 2-12" subwoofer.

I'm currently running the 7.1 Klipsch system using the Kg4s as mains, the KV3 as center (occasionally changing it out to a KLF-C7 when the mood hits me), RS-3 front effects and rear surrounds, SW8 sub for upper LF and ACI Saturn compound subwoofer for lowest freq. I have no intention of ever selling the Klipsch'.

·
Registered
16 Posts
...I'm currently running the 7.1 Klipsch system using the Kg4s as mains, the KV3 as center (occasionally changing it out to a KLF-C7 when the mood hits me), ... I have no intention of ever selling the Klipsch'.
Hey kfalls, I am curious in what situation you would change center channels....Inquiring minds would like to know. ;-) Nice setup btw. :clap:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had purchased the KLF-C7 because I thought it would be a better match for the Kg4's 8" woofers. Although it does have better bass than the KV3, it wasn't as coheisive. It sounded as though the sound was going over my head no matter how I tilted it. I use it when I watch very dynamic movies and DTS sounds better with it than DD. Also I have it, so feel bad letting it go to waste, so I use it occasionally. I believe it's a better match with one of their other lines. The KV3 has been the best I've found to mate with the Kg4s.

·
Registered
16 Posts
... Also I have it, so feel bad letting it go to waste, so I use it occasionally. I believe it's a better match with one of their other lines. The KV3 has been the best I've found to mate with the Kg4s.
Thanks for the explanation and I understand about it hard to get rid of speakers after receiving a good deal...I have several myself. ;-)

Fwiw, the KLF C-7 is an excellent center channel and was voice matched to the KLF-30s and 20s (which are 3-way speakers) and definitely aren't considered a "lower line." I have mine paired with KLF-20s along with RS-3s and a KSW 15 (being powered by a Denon AVR 3803) in my W/O room and that system ROCKS when I am working out. :boxer:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I made no implication the C7 was from a "lower line" only a different line. It just wasn't a good fit in my system. I've heard both the KLF20 and 30s and believe them to be excellent and dynamic speakers. It's no surprise they "ROCK". I just have more of a taste for the Kgs, but I'm not sure what line they're from. I've heard the Fortes, Quartet and Chorus' from the same line and enjoy them.

I've also heard a lot of good reviews about the Hereseys, but I find them too bass-shy. It's just my preference. Klipsch is one of my favorite speaker manufacturers, but I haven't always agreed with the path some of their more recent lines have taken. They used to be a very good value, but their prices have continued to climb over the past five years or so. They're not the value they used to be.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My setup:

3 Klipsch THX Ultra2 KL-650 (LCR)
2 Klipsch THX Ultra2 KL-525 (rears)
2 Klipsch THX Ultra2 KS-525 (surrounds)

And of course 3 subwoofers, a Marantz AV and amp, and a Neptune Equalizer to make them sound awesome!

Life is good :yay:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Currently own the Quintet 111's.

Originally came with an entry level yamaha amp, which I have since replaced with a Pioneer LX50. Was quite happy with the improvement.

However, I have come down with a bad case of upgraditis, for which there is only one cure.

I am currently looking at purchasing the RF82 and RC62.

I would ideally like to get the RF63 or 83, but they are retailing for 4.5 and 6.5K a pair respectively in Australia :crying:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Superaaaaa.

Fwiw, I would also consider looking for a pair of used RF-7s and RC-7 if you want a sweet front array....Klipsch reintroduced the RF-7s last month for $2200 a pair int the US and if you can find them for half of that in the used market, it really would be a tremendous bang-for-your buck, imo. :T

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Zen.

Are the RF-7 better than the RF-82/3?

I understand they were quite a popular speaker, which is why Klipsch re-released them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Started : Quintet III and Sub-10
Then : F3,C2 and S1x4
Now : RF83,RC64,RS62 and F3 for rears.
I have to get another sub(either a submersive or svs for now) later. My wife told me another speaker better not cross the front door in the next couple of months or she is going to kill me :foottap:. So I figure in a month or so I'll buy a sub and bring through the back basement door.LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just started building my HT.

I picked up a 3rd LaScala (for my center channel) a few weeks ago.

Mains: LaScalas
Center: LaScala
Rear: Heresys

I just love the heritage series. ;-)

21 - 40 of 467 Posts