Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

381 - 400 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Very clean looking setup Hoovie. Is that a tower I see behind the display? Have you ever thought of somehow putting that in the front? Maybe get a small riser for the TV if the tower would obstruct your view. Just a thought…
Yes! And there is two rolls of foam behind the TV also. Because the port is in that corner there, the foam made it sound like the other speakers.

I can't think of how not to block either the equipment or the door that swings open with the speaker in the front. There is actually a slight down angle on the speaker now which helps.

One thing that's cool is when I watch programs or listen to music in stereo - the phantom center image is right on that center channel. It is so defined that I can't tell if the center is on or not without knowing if the program is stereo.

Regards,
David

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well I pulled the trigger on the rf-7 II's so my front stage will all match. Maybe down the road I'll get bigger surrounds but I really am happy with the rs-42's. I think I'm done for awhile. :)
I want to hear the new reference series. I have not found anywhere to hear them. Anyone know of anyone near the space coast of FL that has a display of them? Or that carries nice speakers to listen to in general?

Regards,
David

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Well I pulled the trigger on the rf-7 II's so my front stage will all match. Maybe down the road I'll get bigger surrounds but I really am happy with the rs-42's. I think I'm done for awhile. :)
Color me Jealous, so very jealous. Cant wait to hear what you think. :D

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
There's not much difference in the footprint but the RF7's are taller.
It's the nearly 2.5" in additional width of each speaker I'm worried about. 5" in total and I have a closet door to the left that still needs to be opened from time to time. I'll make it work though.

381 - 400 of 467 Posts