Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

401 - 420 of 467 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Initial impressions before running Audyssey is they aren't nearly as bright/harsh with music. That was one of my complaints with the 82's. With some music Adele for instance they could become a bit fatiguing at higher volumes. That is definitely gone so I may scrap the separate 2 channel rig.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Just ran Audyssey and it set my mains at 30…wow! I think I'll still bump it up to 80 and let the dual SVS subs handle the heavy lifting.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Id say so! What does mamma think?is she still in the room? Lol
Mama had to go to work which is probably a good thing. Once I get things dialed in I like to push the limits. I'm doing Dave Mathews and Tim Reynolds right now on Blu-Ray and I think I may have shed a tear on Gravedigger. The difference when it comes to music is remarkable! I should have paid more attention to music when demoing speakers but I've always been more into movies. Just really impressed.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Man those are massive! I've always loved the look of the drivers on klipsch products. One of the few metallic looking drivers that don't look cheap. Bet those are a joy to listen too. Congrats on the new purchase!
Thank you and yes they are. I'm going strong on 3 hours sleep but I can't seem to shut it down? I've been looking for a musical weakness all night but just continue to be impressed. I can't recommend these speakers enough as long as you don't pay the $3,200 MSRP.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thank you and yes they are. I'm going strong on 3 hours sleep but I can't seem to shut it down? I've been looking for a musical weakness all night but just continue to be impressed. I can't recommend these speakers enough as long as you don't pay the $3,200 MSRP.
Haha glad to see you enjoying them. I feel can your excitement.

I felt the same way when I finally upgraded my sub. Just gotta get some new LR speakers.

·
Registered
288 Posts
As my dedicated HT gets wrapped up I'm looking into buying a nice pair of speakers for my game room for stereo music only listening. There's a nice pair of 1973 walnut heresy's in my town for $295. Is that a decent price for the pair or should I try and get them for less? If so, what are they truly worth?

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
As my dedicated HT gets wrapped up I'm looking into buying a nice pair of speakers for my game room for stereo music only listening. There's a nice pair of 1973 walnut heresy's in my town for $295. Is that a decent price for the pair or should I try and get them for less? If so, what are they truly worth?
If they're in good shape I'd jump on that deal. MSRP is $1,700 for a pair of Heresy's if you were to buy them new today. The Heritage series is very popular amongst the Klipsch crowd. If you can give them a listen I'd snatch them up pretty quick.

401 - 420 of 467 Posts