Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting the end of February to no later than early March we'll start to see the very first production of Panasonic's 2012 VIERA Smart TVs.

Panasonic's 2012 pdp models are TC-P55VT50, TC-P65VT50, TC-P65GT50, TC-P60GT50, TC-P55GT50, TC-P50GT50, TC-P65ST50, TC-P60ST50, TC-P55ST50, TC-P50ST50, TC-P60UT50, TC-P55UT50, TC-P50UT50, TC-P42UT50.

I just finished our 2012 VIERA Smart pdf data sheet with technical specifications and good overall information. So far all professional reviewers and myself like what we see so far so the anticipation is very high on this newly designed line of pdp displays.

-Robert

·
Registered
48 Posts
Starting the end of February to no later than early March we'll start to see the very first production of Panasonic's 2012 VIERA Smart TVs.

Panasonic's 2012 pdp models are TC-P55VT50, TC-P65VT50, TC-P65GT50, TC-P60GT50, TC-P55GT50, TC-P50GT50, TC-P65ST50, TC-P60ST50, TC-P55ST50, TC-P50ST50, TC-P60UT50, TC-P55UT50, TC-P50UT50, TC-P42UT50.

I just finished our 2012 VIERA Smart pdf data sheet with technical specifications and good overall information. So far all professional reviewers and myself like what we see so far so the anticipation is very high on this newly designed line of pdp displays.

-Robert
Thanks Robert. FYI, on the bottom of page 3 "VT30 enjoys the following exclusive items:" should be "VT50 enjoys the following exclusive items:"

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Black Ops and gimp, I made the pdf datasheet late into the wee hours of the morning and needed a good proof reader. I found a few other typos and I need to add two more pages of good technical information. I'll fix the typos and get the revised pdf up shortly.

I have listened to all of the CES video's and I strongly feel that my interview with Panasonic's top technical trainer. Gregg Lee, who is the manager of all Nationwide trainers is the very best and most informative.

I'll be posting Panasonic's production schedule over the next few days, but for now I can tell you we'll begin seeing the ST50s by early March or sooner and the ST50 will give us an indication on what we'll have with the GT50 and even the mighty VT50.

I meet with several TV reviewers at CES and we all agreed the new VIERA Smart TVs looked the best on and even off.

Questions are encouraged.

-Robert

·
Registered
452 Posts
Thank's Robert. I almost went for a Panny plasma before Christmas, but heard rumors of the new 2012 units and decided to wait. It sound's like that might have been a worthwhile decision. Will stay tuned to this thread to see what the 2012 models have to offer. Keep that news coming!

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just received the latest update this evening from Panasonic on the projected delivery dates for the 2012 VIERA Smart TVs. Here's a taste of our projected first allotment deliveries, 50" ST50 Week 1 March, 65" VT50 Week 2 May 2012, 55" VT50 sooner.

I also listed our selling prices on my site.

-Robert

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just received the latest update this evening from Panasonic on the projected delivery dates for the 2012 VIERA Smart TVs. Here's a taste of our projected first allotment deliveries, 50" ST50 Week 1 March, 65" VT50 Week 2 May 2012, 55" VT50 sooner.

I also listed our selling prices on my site.

-Robert
Robert,
Your 65" Vt50 and 65" Gt30 are both $3,999?

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure if this was posted but the BOOB website is up for Panasonic >>>Click Here]

Thanks for posting the link. In addition to Panasonic's public web site, I've been able to exclusively add the following information on our dedicated VIERA Smart website:

• more technical information on the technology advancements pf the 2012 lines
  • Panasonic's production schedule and launch dates for each VIERA Smart TV
  • Our pre-sale special offers
  • Our newly launched .pdf data sheet features more specs, technical information and photos.
-Robert

Robert,
Your 65" Vt50 and 65" Gt30 are both $3,999?
You are too fast, I was in the final stages of setting our prices and you got to the page just before it saved my last price reduction on the 65" GT50. All is fixed now and I added one more page with more to come shortly as I keep upgrading information as it flows into me.

-Robert

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks for posting the link. In addition to Panasonic's public web site, I've been able to exclusively add the following information on our dedicated VIERA Smart website:

• more technical information on the technology advancements pf the 2012 lines
  • Panasonic's production schedule and launch dates for each VIERA Smart TV
  • Our pre-sale special offers
  • Our newly launched .pdf data sheet features more specs, technical information and photos.
-Robert

You are too fast, I was in the final stages of setting our prices and you got to the page just before it saved my last price reduction on the 65" GT50. All is fixed now and I added one more page with more to come shortly as I keep upgrading information as it flows into me.

-Robert
I just wanted to make sure you hadn't made an error that could impact you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some great info in this thread! Robert (or anyone), have you heard anything about a mid year VT50 greater than 65"? I've read a couple rumors here and there but would love to know if you have any info on that yet. Thanks much!

·
Registered
70 Posts
NaDa :( I am starting to feel that a larger than 65" plasma for a good price will not happen in plasma :( Maybe they can jump to a 70" but not much more. I could be wrong, but usually I am not. The plasma would be to heavy and probably to fragile bigger than 65" :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
man i really hope they are able to squeeze out a 70"! i'm coming from a 55" currently and would just prefer a little more wow factor with the size of my next screen. i really want the VT50 but if theres nothing larger than 65" i'll have to consider the 70" Sharp with local dimming thats coming this year -- hopefully it will be comparable to the current Elite. Come on Panasonic make my decision easy!

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's some great CES video interviews of mine.

Enjoy!

-Robert

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just today I was given most detailed specs and much of the technology advancements explained.

I made a pdf data sheet with all of the latest information.

Enjoy!

-Robert

·
HTS Sponsor
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jeff, they are delayed by one week so we're expecting them next week. It may not on 2/27, but should be in one day next week.

I'd like to run the panel for at least a few days to stabilize the pdp and ten we'll do a full evaluation report. I have very high expectations for this year's TVs.

Stay tuned....

-Robert

1 - 20 of 44 Posts