Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JohnM,
I often offset a measurement and add the offset to the data. This works fine for the SPL data.

Today I wanted to compare 2 IR's (and Step Responses) without normalizing them. Since one IR was imported from HolmImpulse it needed to be scaled, but the applied offset did not actually scale the IR magnitude as I expected it to. I tried saving and reopening the file, but still the SPL was scaled, but the IR was not. Would it be possible to scale the data such that the IR data is scaled also?

It is a very minor point, and would not come up very often in my usage. I can work around this limitation without too much effort so I am just pointing it out in case it is a very minor adjustment with no negative issues.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
The current SPL scaling simply modifies a dB offset that converts the raw values to equivalent SPL figures, the underlying IR data is left unmodified. It would be possible to modify the IR data, but wouldn't really add much functionally. A possibility would be to export normalised WAVs for each impulse response and scale them in a waveform editor such as audacity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts