Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yes, there would be difference. The question is, which strength would be greater? I think, but I don't know, that the horizontal strength would be greater.

Not sure it is a direct corollary to mounting squares, but picture a one inch square magnet attached to the front of a refrigerator. Would it be take more force to pull the magnet straight off the fridge (horizontal force), or would it take more force to slide it down the fridge (vertical force)?

When removing the matted photos from my wall, I initially tried just pulling (horizontally, i.e parallel to the floor; perpendicular to the wall) each corner where the squares were affixed and found I couldn't dislodge the photos. At this point I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to get them off the wall without damage. I ended up slipping a table knife under the corner of each square and gently peeling it (vertically) from the wall, which worked well, and was much relieved to find no damage to the wall. Once the photos were removed, I could easily peel the squares off the photos themselves.

It's just a guess on my part, but I'd wager the squares would hold the grille securely enough to defeat a 2 year old. And, if they don't one would be out something like $2.99 to find out.

·
Registered
349 Posts
My old roommates son decided that the VCR looked like a good garage for his hot wheels.

My son is only 15 months and he has discovered the buttons on the VCR at my inlaws house. I may try to rig up some strong magnets for my KG 4.2's because all of those drivers are really really hard to find replacements for.

My dad really taught me a respect for audio equipment at an early age so I hope I can teach my son the same.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Magnets might work. Another possibility is adhesive backed Velcro. I have a 4 port USB hub stuck to the side of my desk with some heavy duty Velcro I found at Home Depot (honest! I don't work for Home Depot). It can be cut to size.

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
For dented tweeters or smaller drive units, I know of some who have used a hoover to suck it back into shape, or sellotape to pull them back into shape, but if you have metal drive units like some speakers then usually it would mean a new drive unit...

41 - 45 of 45 Posts