Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I haven't been too active, but I decided to post a video and few pictures of my home theater setup. It's not much, but works. If you have questions, just ask!

Here's the video:

And the pictures:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice setup, which of the speakers are your mains? from the pictures there appear to be some in enclosed boxes and then the Gradient 1.1´s Never seen them before. Looks like they would sound awesome.:yay2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice setup, which of the speakers are your mains? from the pictures there appear to be some in enclosed boxes and then the Gradient 1.1´s Never seen them before. Looks like they would sound awesome.:yay2:
Outer speakers are for music at this point, they're Jamo Digital 120.
Gradient 1.1 are the ones with the 12" dipole speaker for the middle. Then they have bassunits underneath them, 40-250hz with 8" seas driver. I use them in the movies.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congrats on a nice system. I've never heard of Gradient. What makes them dipole it looks like one driver. Do the Gradients act as a sort of phantom center channel kind of like the original Dolby setups which used a phantom?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on a nice system. I've never heard of Gradient. What makes them dipole it looks like one driver. Do the Gradients act as a sort of phantom center channel kind of like the original Dolby setups which used a phantom?
Here's a better picture of one: http://www.gradient.fi/images/29.jpg
I have sony on the center. Gradient is Finnish company which makes great speakers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi there OJ.

I have to admit I don't think I've ever seen anything like these speakers before, but then I guess the same could be said when the first motor car drove by too. Of course now I'll have to find a pair and listen to them, thanks very much coz now my curiosity is wound up tighter than spring.

Nice to see something a little different for a change.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi there OJ.

I have to admit I don't think I've ever seen anything like these speakers before, but then I guess the same could be said when the first motor car drove by too. Of course now I'll have to find a pair and listen to them, thanks very much coz now my curiosity is wound up tighter than spring.

Nice to see something a little different for a change.
Glad that you like them. They're bit hard to find, there are few pairs in finland now that are for sale. Dunno how many there are in total of these even made, not too many. They are numbered, mine are 778 and 968. Not even close to each other haha.
They are very open and lovely sounding speakers. There is even a switch on the tweeter which let's you tweak the speaker a little. 'Treble control High +/- Low +/-'

·
Banned
43 Posts
Thank you, maybe? :D

They're very lovely sounding speakers anyhow. Worth a listen if you see 'em somewhere.
Heh, I didn't mean that to sound ambiguous. Interesting is good in my book. It's the type of speaker that I see and think, "I've got to hear what they sound like".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts