Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Submersive from Mark Seaton, and an MBM from HSU

Here are 3 different results with the subs. I'm kind of leaning towards ditching the MBM, and just running the Submersive, what do you guys think?

Submersive and MBM, phase at zero

Submersive and MBM phase at 180

Submersive alone...

Here are all 3 readings on top of one another...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Have you tried setting one to 0 and the other to 180? Also maybe the opposite too. Just to see how they react and maybe smooth out one of those dips.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried setting one to 0 and the other to 180? Also maybe the opposite too. Just to see how they react and maybe smooth out one of those dips.
Submersive has no phase control. Only phase I have is on the MBM

·
Registered
486 Posts
Submersive has no phase control. Only phase I have is on the MBM
Was not sure. Are you planning on a house curve at all? How does it sound in the mid-bass without the MBM?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was not sure. Are you planning on a house curve at all? How does it sound in the mid-bass without the MBM?

Sounds good without the MBM. and sounds good with it. I'm not sure it's adding much to the mix here.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's something interesting. These 2 graph's are with all channels.

1st one with Audessy on...

2nd with Audessy off...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Sounds good without the MBM. and sounds good with it. I'm not sure it's adding much to the mix here.
Maybe not now, but if you were to pursue a house curve it might help. Does it sound flat when compared to the highs?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe not now, but if you were to pursue a house curve it might help. Does it sound flat when compared to the highs?

I've only been able to watch 1 movie with the Submersive in place, and I watched it without the MBM.

Previously, I had the -3HO, and the MBM complimented it quite well. I need to watch something with the MBM in place before I can give you an honest answer. I was only going off what REW results were.

Nick

·
Registered
486 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Oh yea, it looks like you would benefit from a BFD. Did you ever find the cables for the one you had?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Every sub has a 0-180 phase switch. Swap the wires.

You may have to open the box to switch the wires at the driver, but it can be done.
Pass on that. My luck, I'd just screw something up and my brand new sub would be toast.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh yea, it looks like you would benefit from a BFD. Did you ever find the cables for the one you had?
Some :eek: :D

Haven't had much time to tear the house apart, but I know they are here somewhere :D All I'm missing now is a power cord, and that's easily replaceable.

·
Super Moderator
9,252 Posts

I have a Submersive from Mark Seaton, and an MBM from HSU

I'm kind of leaning towards ditching the MBM, and just running the Submersive, what do you guys think?

Submersive and MBM, phase at zero

Submersive alone...

Well, with the Submersive alone you have fairly flat response, except for that peak at ~42 Hz. Add the MBM and everything above ~60 Hz is 4-5 dB hotter. So it looks like the MBM isn't adding anything useful - at least "on paper." So you'd have to go by ear, basically. The MBM might make an audible improvement with music, which often has a lot happening in that range with the bass guitar.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Here's something interesting. These 2 graph's are with all channels.

1st one with Audessy on...

2nd with Audessy off...

n737nc, since the graph looks better without Audessy I would leave it off for now and get your sub integrated the way you like best and then re-run Audessy and I bet it will not affect your sub but correct all your other speakers as intended.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts