Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys. No real troubleshooting here. This one was pretty obvious. I thought I'd post it in case it helps someone else with a similar problem.

My old Sony STR-D550Z AV Receiver started taking much longer for the output relays to click on and a couple of days later, I got no output from one of the channels.

Sure, a relay driver transistor could have been the problem, but I was reasonably certain that the mechanical relay had failed.

Here is the relay board for the front L/R channels.

Removed two screws.

Out with the old.

The only markings on the relays.

I entered DH2TU in Google and found a place at Ebay that sold replacements. They arrived the very next day after I ordered them and these are them.

In with the new. I cleaned the board with DeNatured Alcohol.

Ready to put it all back together.

Now I can't get it to fail. It works like new. I hope this helps somebody with a similar problem.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Your post has been moved to a more appropriate location to make information easier to find and to make it more likely that others who are interested will find your post.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Congrats on the DIY fix. Far too many of us would have thrown it in the trash and purchased something new.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are those your own home made speaker cabinets? They are really nice!
Thanks! Yes, I built the cabinets and stands. The speakers were a Rick Craig design of Selah Audio fame, using the high-excursion Exodus Anarchy woofers and a Dayton tweeter. The build was documented on another forum.

I haven't done many builds here at the Shack yet, but that will change once I get caught up on other projects so I can do some more speaker builds. I normally do my builds in a step-by-step fashion, to help bring others up to speed on cabinet building and finishing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts