Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Do not calibrate the laptops sound card.

Also the Sens Factor (SPL) on top of the mics calibration file might not be correct, but calibrate it with the Omnimic SPL readings to confirm.

REW most likely will ask if you:
Want to use Omnimic, click yes
Then ask do you have a mic calibration file, click yes then find and load.

You are pretty much ready to go.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx guys, I usually know enough to get myself into trouble. I will give this a try, im cautiously optimistic.....

·
Registered
256 Posts
im trying to do this right now but cant find the cal file. Im not too computer savvy. anyone know the type of file it is?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
im trying to do this right now but cant find the cal file. Im not too computer savvy. anyone know the type of file it is?
The file extension will be .omni
If you can't find it on your laptop download it again and watch where it goes to, will go to the place were you should be looking for it. If so delete one of them.
Setup a new folder called REW and put all REW related files in this folder, alot to easier to control.

1. Plug the mic into the laptops USB port.
2. Open REW, the program will ask
3. REW will ask if you want to use the Omnimic click yes
4. Then the program will ask to load the calibration file, click yes and then pick the .omni file and load.
5. Done

·
Registered
256 Posts
It's kinda funny how the file is saved. It's to a website that has text. So I copied the text and made a new text file and loaded it to the program. Is it OK how I did that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts