Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own 2 ULW's and 1 UFW and would like to save energy while they aren't being used. I realize it's not much but sitting in standby the majority of the time I figure there is something to be saved.

Aside from turning the isobar they are plugged into (which is nearly impossible to reach) does anybody have a better solution to this?

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
I own 2 ULW's and 1 UFW and would like to save energy while they aren't being used. I realize it's not much but sitting in standby the majority of the time I figure there is something to be saved.

Aside from turning the isobar they are plugged into (which is nearly impossible to reach) does anybody have a better solution to this?

Thanks
You could look at finding a power strip that has a trigger and hook the trigger up to your receiver/prepro and have the strip turn on when the prepro does...

·
Registered
79 Posts
I see a lot of recommendations for these to solve your problem.

I have one, and it doesn't work as well as I would like, there is a fair deadband around the on/off for the controlled outlets that causes mine to be finicky. But perhaps if your pre-pro draws more power it would work fine for you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm currently using this Tripplite unit and would like to continue to do so. Are all these type units reliant on output current to the amp to trigger the outlets on/off? I seem to recall something I saw in the past that was like a remote control for the outlet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I intended to reply to this earlier but other projects have kept me busy. Thanks for the suggestion I will look into this more once I finish my hardwood flooring project.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts