Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

361 - 363 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Then got lucky and managed to buy two E50s and one E70 from a seller north of Toronto. The surprise was that these were brand new in box and I had the pleasure of even opening the boxes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Only one issue with the setup so far - no wall mount or stands. A pretty serious issue considering that the series was in "Discontinued" status.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update regarding experience with E-series from Boston Acoustics:
Last year, found a listing on Craigslist - Fort Collins, CO for two E100s with bases, one E70 and two E40s with stands. In a nutshell, drove to Fort Collins, CO, USA from Mississauga, ON, Canada to get the much coveted E100s, everything else was a bonus.

End result is that I have privilege of having E100s as my LCR in the basement and E70s as LCR in the living room. Never imagined it but somehow I have managed two 7 channel systems comprising of entirely E-series speakers. Still missing E60s, hopefully will be able to find a pair at reasonable price to complete the series.

E100s are really good but power hungry. Pioneer Elite AVR - VSX-84TXsi (140w/channel) would shut down when pushed (even in PURE mode - 2 channels only) Recently got an opportunity to buy a used Parasound HCA1200A, which provides 205w/ channel and 'Wow' what a difference in sound. E100s (LR) really shine with more power from the Parasound amp.

361 - 363 of 363 Posts