Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I watched a movie, and everything sounded great. Switched to music, and had no audio output. Tried CD in 2 source components, and tried iPod. Found that only Pure and Direct were operational, every other mode was silent. Searched every setting I thought possible, found nothing wrong. Went back to music BluRay, same issue. Cycled power on the 3008, and then everything was working fine again. Has any one else had this problem? It is working great again, just curious if this was a known issue.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Yes, its happened to me once or twice as well on my 805 in the 5 years I have owned it. It seems to get confused and locks out the other modes when using an analog source. Cycling the power has fixed it both times. I dont really want to call it a bug as it happends so little.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have updated the firmware. This is my 3rd Onkyo and I've never found a hiccup before, so I'm not at all worried, just curious.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Would someone be kind enough to explain to me what the Pure and Direct modes are and under what conditions they should be used.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Pure direct mode bypasses all internal processing and turns off the display so the audio signal remains as untouched as possible. You dont get any subwoofer signal either and the signal is sent only to the front main left and right channels.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Pure direct mode bypasses all internal processing and turns off the display so the audio signal remains as untouched as possible. You dont get any subwoofer signal either and the signal is sent only to the front main left and right channels.
So, it's just operating like a two channel amp.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Yes, without any processing including no EQ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts