Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I got the Onkyo 608 from year 2010. I got the onkyo connected to my PC with 2 displays and the onkyo also on a second display adapter on a DVI port (DVI->HDMI cable). When the amp has been on for long, I suddenly hear a big relay switch and then all my computer screens turn black. This afaik is because ATI display adapter senses that it's lost its connection to the onkyo, and then removes the onkyo as a display, which causes screens to turn black for a while. The connection is almost instantly restored though, and when it returns to normal screens everything is just as it was before. Is this a broken amp or some sort of "feature"?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Sounds like a loss of the HDCP handshake signal being lost. And could be any number of issues, Does this happen if you have a BluRay player hooked up to the Onkyo As well or only the computer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a loss of the HDCP handshake signal being lost. And could be any number of issues, Does this happen if you have a BluRay player hooked up to the Onkyo As well or only the computer?
Hmm no I don't think so. Although, I haven't had the Onkyo connected to my ps3/xbox360 for equal amount of times that it's connected to the PC (it's on always when i'm home). But no, I haven't seen this happen when it's connected to PS3/xb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts