Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for those that are fans of onkyo and anyone else with some good input pleas chime in. Currently have Onkyo TX-nr709 and one of my zone 2 speaker outputs died. Thought what the hell time to upgrade. Now the 709 does do everything I want and Im very confortable with the controls so I feel like I may be leaning to Onkyo and unfairly passing up other brands. So if you were doing an upgrade and lets say a budget of 1200 which direction would you go. One thing that I seem to have seen in the new Onkyo do not have the universal remote which I would really miss. Actually wife would kill me if it gets to complicated. Could always do a harmony if need be. RIght now just want some suggestions on receivers. I use a simple 5.1 and a second zone for my deck is a must.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Im selling lots of Marantz 5011 and 6011 ... and very happy with this product ... many of my clients like the fact that it can be controlled with a iphone app... It has many streaming music apps built in and offers very good sound quality and a decent warranty... Personally I have never been a fan of Yamaha because it seems to be not very user friendly and the decoding surround modes are difficult to understand...obviously just preference...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yamaha may just have the best iphone/android app in the business. Don't just go by my, maybe biased, opinion look at the ratings on the app store.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts