Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had my Onkyo 809 since 2012. The audio or HDMI went out right after warranty expired. They however fixed it. It’s now going out again

I decided to purchase the Yamaha RXA870

Now my subs are very weak. I am running the inuke nu4-6000.

Any thoughts?

With my track record with Onkyo I was reluctant to purchase another. But at least my subs were rocking.

This sucks!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just like you said I’ve had to turn both up. It has definitely improved. It just took me back a little. I was comparing it to the Onkyo for the LFE portion and the Yamaha seemed to be lacking.

On the other hand the Yamaha seems a little brighter and it seems that I can hear individual instruments a little clearer b

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Just like you said I’ve had to turn both up. It has definitely improved. It just took me back a little. I was comparing it to the Onkyo for the LFE portion and the Yamaha seemed to be lacking.
That is surprising to me. I have tried many electronics with more than a dozen different subs and never hit the stops. In fact, there was only one time I had a problem and that was getting a particular combination set low enough.

Were you/are you using EQ measurements with either AVR? What does that do?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My measurement was listening to the Gary Clark jr rendition of come together from the justice league soundtrack. All I know is right off the bat to get close to that Onkyo I did wind up all but maxing the inuke gain and then in the Yamaha boosting the sub level to about 7 out of 10 and if I went into subwoofer trim and selected extra bass. It was probably on par with the Onkyo.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
My measurement was listening to the Gary Clark jr rendition of come together from the justice league soundtrack. All I know is right off the bat to get close to that Onkyo I did wind up all but maxing the inuke gain and then in the Yamaha boosting the sub level to about 7 out of 10 and if I went into subwoofer trim and selected extra bass. It was probably on par with the Onkyo.
I was asking about real measurements (numbers) or the results of running YPAO or Audyssey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts