Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I'm a noob here, just trying to get this new theater up and running!

Just moved into a home with a 120" screen in a theater room. Picked up a JVC projector from the previous owner, and picked up an Onkyo TX-SR706 receiver. Hooked up a Panasonic Blue-Ray today (FiOS is coming Friday, so we're trying to put just anything on the screen to enjoy it for a week!). Hooked up all seven Niles wall speakers.

Well, the screen is still blue - says "HDMI 1 Out of Range" then it cycles to "HDMI No Input". Sometimes it will show an image for a few seconds, and then the receiver clicks and everything (including audio) goes away. Now the receiver is just clicking back and forth from "T-D" to "Dolby Digital" and back, with no sound and no change to the display.

I'm wondering if there's a "simple" fix for this - as in - do I simply have a wrong mode selected? Is there something I should check in the settings on the receiver?

I know this is a rather vague post and there could probably be a million different answers, but at this point I'll try almost anything to get this working.

Thank you for reading my post, and for your replies.

Drew

·
Registered
47 Posts
My first suggestion in almost all these cases is to try another HDMI cable. Seems as though one can have two of the exact same cables and one works and one doesn't yet the one that doesn't may work for other connections. Since it seems you do get intermittent picture and sound this would be worth a try. Is it a very long HDMI cable?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts