Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The analog audio input on my Onkyo SC-5507 has died and just curious to know if anyone else has had a similar problem. Also, curious to know if anyone has a ball park figure of how much it cost to fix something like that. When all is said and then, perhaps it's an omen to move on to another processor.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,825 Posts
The analog audio input on my Onkyo SC-5507 has died and just curious to know if anyone else has had a similar problem. Also, curious to know if anyone has a ball park figure of how much it cost to fix something like that. When all is said and then, perhaps it's an omen to move on to another processor.

Thanks
I just did a search on google and it appears that you don't have an inexpensive unit... I would think that it might be worth fixing or at least taking it to a shop to see what they would charge to fix it.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
More information is needed to say if it would be worth repairing or not. What is the unit doing if it is a HDMI board issue then there is a vender that sells rebuilt ones on eBay.

The major issue I seen with those units is the IDE cable and that is a cheap fix. The logic board may have flex that over time can start to conduct. There is ways that this can be fixed and it is not that costly.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I had my HDMI board fixed on my 1007 from the company on eBay. If I am remembering correctly, I think the 5507 was a unit he could not fix. I had a friend check into it when his unit's audio dropped out.

Hopefully your unit can fixed inexpensively.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for taking the time to post. After a few phone calls, I got very lucky and Onkyo has allowed me to have an out of warranty service fix. It's at the shop now and I'm hoping that it won't take too long. :praying:

Needless to say, I'm a very happy Onkyo customer. :yay2:

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for taking the time to post. After a few phone calls, I got very lucky and Onkyo has allowed me to have an out of warranty service fix. It's at the shop now and I'm hoping that it won't take too long. :praying:

Needless to say, I'm a very happy Onkyo customer. :yay2:

I'm posting this hoping that it may help someone else who may have this problem in the future although I doubt that anyone will be this stupid. :duh:

I got my unit back and discovered it was not a hardware failure. At first I found it hard to believe since I was sure that I checked every possible setting. It turned out to be something available only through the remote and I should have remembered that from when I set this thing up four years ago. :eek:lddude:

The button is marked audio and allows you to set the priorities of the digital, analog and multi-channel signals. I am very happy to have the unit back, but boy do I feel dumb. My only consolation is that Onkyo tech support never mentioned this at all when I was investigating the problem. Live and learn, I guess.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.