Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ,

Does anyone have any experience with the Onkyo TX NR1007 running the DSX heights and the wides at the same time .

The Manual states that sound will not come from the heights and wides at the same time .

Does anyone know if this is correct ?

I called Onkyo , talk to two different support people who had no I idea .

Help

Thanks

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hello ,

Does anyone have any experience with the Onkyo TX NR1007 running the DSX heights and the wides at the same time .

The Manual states that sound will not come from the heights and wides at the same time .

Does anyone know if this is correct ?

I called Onkyo , talk to two different support people who had no I idea .

Help

Thanks
I think you probably can run them both , but you might have to give up a second pair of rear surrounds. Have you tried both at same time?? Using Audyssey MultEQ XT set up try it.

MY 818 can run them both but at same time, I dono if your model can. My Model is only 7ch yours is 9, so yours prob has more power.
They are same brand though, Id imagine set up is similar.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you probably can run them both , but you might have to give up a second pair of rear surrounds. Have you tried both at same time?? Using Audyssey MultEQ XT set up try it. MY 818 can run them both but at same time, I dono if your model can. My Model is only 7ch yours is 9, so yours prob has more power,.

Hey ,

I knew I would have to sacrifice the surround backs to have both heights and wides . The manual does show a configuration with using both Dsx wides and heights with side surrounds only .

I just bought it and didn't want to spend a whole day dissembling my other receiver and the other components stacked on top of it and then re calibrating the speakers and subwoofers multiEQ XT then setup them running Minidsp rew . It would be a bummer if then the heights and wides didn't produce sound at the same time . Then how would I even know when then should or shouldn't be playing . It's crazy man . Then another day to switch back . Forgive my whining .

Thanks for your input

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey ,

I knew I would have to sacrifice the surround backs to have both heights and wides . The manual does show a configuration with using both Dsx wides and heights with side surrounds only .

I just bought it and didn't want to spend a whole day dissembling my other receiver and the other components stacked on top of it and then re calibrating the speakers and subwoofers multiEQ XT then setup them running Minidsp rew . It would be a bummer if then the heights and wides didn't produce sound at the same time . Then how would I even know when then should or shouldn't be playing . It's crazy man . Then another day to switch back . Forgive my whining .

Thanks for your input
In my set up I run 9ch 4 rear surround + heights. I do not run wides they didn't add much to my odd shaped room. Perhaps I placed them wrong , id need another power amp to run 11ch.
Which I probably will stick to 9ch since it sounds really good.:T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts