Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Onkyo TX-NR807 Description

The TX-NR807 brings together the very latest mid-range home-theatre functionality and adds one major upgrade: networking capability. An Ethernet port on the TX-NR807 allows it to receive and output audio files playing in real-time on your PC. Alternatively, you can bypass your PC and enjoy a direct connection to streaming internet radio stations such as Last.fm* and vTuner. Naturally, the TX-NR807 also handles all of your high-definition audio and video sources - courtesy of six HDMI™ 1.3a inputs - and upscales any video input to 1080p via Faroudja DCDi Cinema™. This powerful THX® Select2 Plus™ Certified receiver also comes with Audyssey DSX™ and Dolby® Pro Logic® IIz, two new surround-sound formats that expand the spatial dimensionality of games and movies. Meanwhile, Audyssey roomcorrection and equalization technologies help ensure a convincing and detailed audio performance, regardless of the volume level or the shape of your room. An intelligent customizable remote controller puts the finishing touch to what is another benchmark-setting allround performer from Onkyo.

ADVANCED FEATURES

• THX® Select2 Plus™ Certified with THX Loudness Plus™
  • DTS-HD Master Audio™, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio™, DTS-HD Express, Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® Pro Logic® IIz Decoding
  • HDMI™ Version 1.3a to Support Deep Color™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
  • Audio and 1080p Video Processing via HDMI (6 Inputs and 1 Output)
  • HDMI Video Upscaling to 1080p with Faroudja DCDi Cinema™
  • Push-Pull Amplification Design with Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry
  • Burr-Brown 192 kHz/24-Bit DACs Improve Jitter Performance for Clear Sound
  • Two TI 32-Bit DSP Chips for Advanced Processing
  • Audyssey DSX™ for New Surround Channels
  • Audyssey MultEQ™ to Correct Room Acoustic Problems and to Calibrate Speakers
  • Audyssey Dynamic Volume™ to Maintain Optimal Listening Level and Dynamic Range
  • Audyssey Dynamic EQ™ for Loudness Correction
  • 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and Role Playing Game (RPG)
  • Network Capability for Streaming Audio Files (MP3, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, WMA Lossless)
  • Internet Radio Connectivity (Last.fm* and vTuner)
  • Certified DLNA Version 1.5
  • Firmware Updates via Network
  • Powered Zone 2 and Zone 3 for Playback of Separate Sources in Other Rooms
  • Universal Port for Single-Cable Connection of Optional Onkyo Dock for the iPod or DAB+ Radio Tuner
  • Dual Subwoofer Pre Outs

AUDIO & VIDEO FEATURES

• 180 W/Ch at 6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1 Channel Driven, IEC
  • H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) Massive High Power Transformer
  • WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology)
  • Linear Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
  • DTS-ES™ Discrete/Matrix, DTS Neo:6®, DTS 96/24™, Dolby® Digital EX™ Decoding
  • DTS Surround Sensation® Speaker/Headphone Technolog
  • Music Optimizer™ for Compressed Digital Music Files
  • Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
  • RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) for System Control
  • A-Form Listening Mode Memory
  • Double Bass Function
  • Direct Mode and Pure Audio Mode
  • Non-Scaling Configuration
  • Tone Control (Bass/Treble) for Front L/R Channels
  • Front-Side Auxiliary A/V Input (for Camcorders, Game Consoles, etc.)
  • Component Video Switching (2 Inputs and 1 Output)
  • 7 Multichannel Pre Outs
  • 6 Digital Inputs (3 Optical and 3 Coaxial)
  • Banana Plug-Compatible Speaker Posts
  • Bi-Amping Capability
  • Independent Crossover Adjustment for F/C/S/SB (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/200 Hz)
  • A/V Sync Control Function (Up to 250 ms in 5 ms Steps)
  • RDS (PS/RT/PTY/TP)
  • 40 FM/AM Random Presets
  • Compatible with RI (Remote Interactive) Dock for the iPod
  • Bi-Directional Preprogrammed and Customizable RI Remote Control with Onscreen Setup, Mode-Key LEDs, and Macro Presets for Four Activities

OTHER FEATURES

• 4 S-Video Inputs and 2 Outputs
  • 5 A/V Inputs and 1 Output
  • Video Output (Monitor)
  • 2 Audio Inputs and 1 Output
  • Phono Input
  • RS232, IR (In/Out), 12 V Trigger (Zone 2/Zone 3) Connectivity
  • IntelliVolume
  • Headphone Jack
  • Onscreen Display (OSD) via HDMI
  • Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
  • Aluminum Front Panel and Volume Knob

Onkyo TX-NR807 User Manual

Check Online Price at the Shack Electronics Store

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Onkyo TX-SR707 7.2-Channel A/V Surround Home Network Receiver: Official Thread

Onkyo TX-SR707 7.2-Channel A/V Surround Home Network Receiver

ADVANCED FEATURES

• THX® Select2 Plus™ Certified with THX Loudness Plus™
  • DTS-HD Master Audio™, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio™, DTS-HD Express, Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® Pro Logic® IIz Decoding
  • HDMI™ Version 1.3a to Support Deep Color™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
  • Audio and 1080p Video Processing via HDMI (1 Front/5 Rear Inputs and 1 Output)
  • HDMI Video Upscaling to 1080p with Faroudja DCDi Cinema™
  • Push-Pull Amplification Design with Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry
  • Burr-Brown 192 kHz/24-Bit DAC Improves Jitter Performance to Provide Clear Sound
  • Two TI 32-Bit DSP Chips for Advanced Processing
  • Audyssey DSX™ (Dynamic Surround Expansion) for New Surround Channels
  • Audyssey MultEQ® to Correct Room Acoustic Problems and to Calibrate Speakers
  • Audyssey Dynamic Volume™ to Maintain Optimal Listening Level and Dynamic Range
  • 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action and Role Playing Game (RPG)
  • Universal Port for Single-Cable Connection of Optional Onkyo Dock for the iPod or DAB+ Radio Tuner

AUDIO & VIDEO FEATURES

• 160 W/Ch at 6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1 Channel Driven, IEC
  • Linear Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
  • DTS Surround Sensation® Speaker/Headphone Technology
  • Music Optimizer™ for Compressed Digital Music Files
  • Double Bass Function
  • Direct Mode
  • Pure Audio Mode
  • Front-Panel Audio Input for Portable Devices
  • Front-Panel Auxiliary A/V Input (for Camcorders, Game Consoles, etc.)
  • Component Video Switching (2 Inputs and 1 Output)
  • 7 Multichannel Pre Outs
  • 6 Digital Inputs (3 Optical and 3 Coaxial)
  • Powered Zone 2 and Zone 2 Line-Out for Playback in Another Room (Separate Source)
  • Bi-Amping Capability
  • Independent Crossover Adjustment for F/C/S/SB (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/200 Hz)
  • A/V Sync Control Function (Up to 250 ms in 5 ms Steps)
  • RDS (PS/RT/PTY/TP)
  • Preprogrammed and Customizable RI Remote Control with Onscreen Setup, Mode-Key LEDs, and Macro Presets for Four Activities

OTHER FEATURES

• 4 S-Video Inputs and 2 Outputs
  • Video Output (Monitor)
  • Phono Input
  • RS232, IR (Input), and 12 V Trigger (Zone 2) Connectivity
  • IntelliVolume
  • Headphone Jack
  • Onscreen Display (OSD) via HDMI
  • Aluminum Front Panel and Volume Knob

Onkyo TX-SR707 User Manual

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Onkyo TX-NR807/TX-SR707/TX-SR 507 -7.2-Channel A/V Surround Home Network Receivers: Official Thr

Onkyo TX-SR 507 7.2-Channel A/V Surround Home Network Receiver

ADVANCED FEATURES

• DTS-HD Master Audio™, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio™, DTS-HD Express, Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby® Digital Plus Decoding
  • HDMI™ Version 1.3a to Support Deep Color™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, and CEC
  • HDMI Audio and Video Processing (1080p; 4 Inputs and 1 Output)
  • HDTV-Capable HDMI Video Switching
  • Audyssey 2EQ™ to Correct Room Acoustic Problems
  • Audyssey Dynamic Volume™ to Maintain Optimal istening Level and Dynamic Range
  • Powered Zone 2 and Zone 2 Line-Out for Playback in Another Room (Separate Source)
  • Music Optimizer for Compressed Digital Music Files

AUDIO & VIDEO FEATURES

• 130 W/Ch at 6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1 Channel Driven, IEC
  • DTS-ES™ Discrete/Matrix, DTS Neo:6®, DTS 96/24™, Dolby® Digital EX™, Dolby® Pro Logic® IIx Decoding
  • DTS Surround Sensation® Speaker Technology
  • 192 kHz/24-Bit DACs for All Channels
  • Advanced 32-Bit Processing DSP Chip
  • 4 Digital Inputs (2 Optical and 2 Coaxial)
  • Front-Panel Auxiliary A/V Input (for Camcorders,Game Consoles, etc.)
  • HDTV-Capable (720p/1080i) Component Video Switching (2 Inputs and 1 Output)
  • Optimum Gain Volume Control Circuitry
  • CinemaFILTER™
  • Double Bass Function
  • Direct Mode
  • Pure Audio Mode
  • Crossover Adjustment (40/50/60/80/100/120/150/ 200 Hz)
  • A/V Sync Control Function (Up to 100 ms in 20 ms Steps)
  • Subwoofer and Surround Back Pre Outs
  • Banana Plug-Compatible Speaker Posts (Except Zone 2)
  • Color-Coded Speaker Terminals
  • 40 FM/AM Radio Presets
  • RDS (PS/RT/PTY/TP)
  • Preprogrammed RI (Remote Interactive) Remote Control

OTHER FEATURES

• 4 A/V Inputs and 1 Output
  • Video Output (Monitor)
  • Headphone Jack
  • Sleep Timer (via Remote)
  • Battery-Free Memory Backup

Onkyo TX-SR507 User Manual

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Onkyo TX-SR607 7.2-Channel A/V Surround Home Network Receiver

AUDIO FEATURES

• HDMI™ Version 1.3a to Support Deep Color™ x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, and CEC
  • Audio and 1080p Video Processing via HDMI (1 Front/5 Rear Inputs and 1 Output)
  • HDTV-Capable HDMI Video Switching
  • HDMI Video Upscaling to 1080i from Component Video and Composite Video Inputs
  • Deinterlacer with Faroudja DCDi Edge™ (Directional Correlational Deinterlacing) Technology
  • Audyssey 2EQ™ to Correct Room Acoustic Problems

AUDIO & VIDEO FEATURES

• 140 W/Ch at 6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1 Channel Driven, IEC
  • DTS Surround Sensation® Speaker Technology
  • 192 kHz/24-Bit DACs for All Channels
  • Advanced 32-Bit Processing DSP Chip
  • 4 Digital Inputs (2 Optical and 2 Coaxial)

• Front-Panel Auxiliary A/V Input (for Camcorders, Game Consoles, etc.)
  • HDTV-Capable (720p/1080i) Component Video Switching (2 Inputs and 1 Output)
  • Optimum Gain Volume Control Circuitry
  • Bi-Amping Capability for Music and Movie Sound Effects
  • Music Optimizer for Compressed Digital Music Files
  • CinemaFILTER™
  • Double Bass Function
  • Direct Mode
  • Pure Audio Mode
  • Independent Crossover Adjustment for F/C/S/SB (40/50/60/80/100/120/150/200 Hz)
  • A/V Sync Control Function (Up to 100 ms in 10 ms Steps)
  • Color-Coded Speaker Terminals
  • RDS (PS/RT/PTY/TP)
  • Preprogrammed RI Remote Control with Onscreen Setup

OTHER FEATURES

• Video Output (Monitor)
  • Onscreen Display (OSD) for HDMI Output
  • Headphone Jack
  • Sleep Timer (via Remote)
  • Battery-Free Memory Backup
  • Aluminum Front Panel
  • Spin-Finished Aluminum Volume Knob

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please could owners and members use this thread for discussion and questions ref to the Onkyo TX-NR807/TX-SR707/TX-SR607/TX-SR 507 -7.2-Channel A/V Surround Receivers, this is the official thread :)

·
Banned
601 Posts
I really like the newer look of the TX-NR807. And I like what I read so far about it; :5stars: all the way.
Performance is impeccable, ergonomics and GUI are great, features are plentiful, with solid build.

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Onkyo's certainly tick all the right boxes, with the xxx7 range bringing even more to the table, very well designed receivers :T

·
Banned
601 Posts
From one review I read (Home Theater Mag), the Onkyo TX-NR807 got an excellent recommendation, for Performance, Value, Features & Ergonomics (Red Hot ticket).
The only minimal fly in the ointment, is the power lab measurements in 7 channels driven together.
In seven channels driven continuously into 8-ohm loads, the 807 produces 30 watts per channel: (Actual: 29.9 watts at 0.1% THD, and 33.0 watts at 1% THD).
But all other measurements were excellent.

Mind you, that's why I said 'minimal', because in actual listening you won't noticed anything missing at all (power test labs are way more vigorous than in actual practice, plus you never get full power output in all seven channels simultaneously in real world listening life).

Anyway, the 807 is a great upgrade over the 806, with Network feature, various internet radio's streaming, better video processor (no BbB or WaW issue), Dolby PL IIz, Audyssey DSX, Dynamic EQ & Volume, six (6) HDMI inputs, Burr-Brown Dacs, and nicer looking I'd say too. Oh, and 2.2 lbs more than the 806.

* Just my thought.

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The lower range of Onkyo's are still a great buy and full of features, it's only when you move up to the x007 range that the power increase is more substantial and therefore gaining the THX Ultra ratings...

·
Banned
601 Posts
You're right John, that's the difference between THX Select2 + and THX Ultra2 + (707/807 vs 1007/3007/5007).

But if I recall, the previous Onkyo TX-SR806 had better power figure's measurements in seven channels.

* Yes it did, from the same reviewer in the same magazine; the Onkyo TX-SR806 with seven channels driven continuousy into 8-ohm loads, is delivering 76.6 watts at 0.1% THD, and 106.4 watts at 1% THD. (Same exact type of tests.)

Just a confirmation.

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think that even the previous generations are probably even better VFM as they had nearly all but a few of the new features in the latest range, my old 905 was an amazing amp for the money and powered my M&K THX Ultra speakers without any issues at all, and they are all being sold off at silly prices atm...

·
Banned
601 Posts
Yep, I thing you're right, my 805 & 876 are exceptionally powerful beasts.

The 876 is selling right now for only $799.99 (brand new one too, the Silver model, not a refurb, at Tiger Direct.com).
And the 906 can be found for $999.
And my 805 can also be found for $449.

* But, the new 5007 can also be found for $1,599 (like I already told you a week or two ago).
And you might even get it cheaper, from NewEgg (open box).
The 1007 was only $700 (open box).
And the 3007 only $901 (also open box).
All of these newer models were available not long ago at NewEgg. You just have to keep an eye there. :sneeky:

Yep, people like us do their research diligently, and we know all the Pros & Cons from all models, and different years.
By talking here about this, we give other people the opportunity to benefit from our knowledge.

Cheers,
Bob

·
Registered
511 Posts
Man, this new hotness makes my 805 look like junk. Ill never get over how fast things move.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Man, this new hotness makes my 805 look like junk. Ill never get over how fast things move.
I still would not trade an 805 for an 806 or 807. it still blows the socks off of them, the 876 maybe.

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
new does not always necessarily mean better...but if in the market for a new receiver then the Onkyo's tick all the right boxes...

·
Banned
601 Posts
I hear you man, I know you're talking about features here. And you're absolutely right, things are just flying, like computers, cell phones, Ethernet, Audio & Video streaming from all the sources, new Surround Sound modes, more speakers (up to 11.3), Dolby Volume, etc., etc., etc....
For a taste of Audyssey DSX -> http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/newproducts/3250/first-listen-audyssey-dsx.html

Hey, and check this out: http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/p...lling_potential_of_sixthsense_technology.html

Our 805 is still a very powerful THX Ultra2 certified receiver, but it is missing all the latest features.
And wait another couple years, you'll see...:unbelievable: :eek:
-> But please, don't call our 805 looking like junk; after all, it is a true A/V Receiver with a high pedigree. :bigsmile:

* If you really want to replace your 805 with the present latest, you'll have to go with the 1007.
And if you really want to make an audible difference (more coherence in surround mode, more presence, better mids & dialogue), that is, if you have high resolution speakers, you'll have to step with the 5007.

But don't despair, just get over it, that's all. :bigsmile: That's the world we live in man, and it goes real fast.

Cheers,
Bob

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bob,

You get some great prices in the USA.

I'd love to buy say a Onkyo 5007 but I understand their are power and tuner issues with using USA models in Australia. Probably can get around the power but the tunder would be problematic.

The other issue is ordering, New Egg etc won't ship out of the continental USA.

Do you know if there is a way around this? ie. Alternatively, do you know of any similar on-line suppliers in ASIA as our requirements are similar to them. It is just sooooo expensive in Australia.

Thanks.

Mark

·
Banned
601 Posts
Hey Mark, if you noticed under my avatar, I'm from Canada.
In Canada, electronics are much more expensive than in the US (we are much less people, so less competition between dealers).

You're from Australia, so don't mess with the power regulations of your country. Make sure the products you purchase are conform to your country's power codes. Very few products are power adaptable for different countries. You might be much better of to buy in Australia, unless specifically indicated in the product(s) that it conforms also with various power voltage adaptable to Australia.

The 5007 is the King of value in Receivers. It can be found for $1,600 in the USA (NewEgg on Saturdays only).
In Canada, you have to make a special order for it, and it will probably cost me $3,000 CDN (anywhere).

Sorry Mark, but I cannot be of much help on how you can acquire that particular receiver for a fair price and with the power requirement of your country. You'll have to do some more research on that.

Mark, what about the 906? Because it has been replaced by the 5007, should be a better deal now in Australia?

Bob

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bob,

Yes I can source the 906 for $2.8k AUD, normally $4k at best.

The cheapest I can get a 5007 for is $4k maybe $3.8k at a stretch.

So the difference is about $1k or a little more.

The new model has appeal from the newer features but not sure if it is really worth the extra $1k.

Apparently the on screen graphics are a lot better on the new models. This has appeal although not relevant to the music quality. Do you have a view specifically on the graphics?

Your thoughts.

Mark

1 - 20 of 39 Posts