Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Onkyo TX-NR906 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black)

I ordered one of these for a client and it was dead on arrival (DOA), which is very unusual, but it is what it is. At any rate, I cannot get a refund, only a replacement, and my client does not want a replacement... he just wanted a refund. Therefore, I will have a brand new TX-NR906 for sale at a very rare and low price of just $1,200 + shipping to the lower 48 CONUS.

Here is the deal... this is the last unit that my distributor has in stock... there are no more after this one. Therefore, I would prefer to open the box and test it, just to make sure it is not also DOA. I do not want to ship it to anyone and learn it is DOA and have to eat shipping two ways because of it being DOA. (One reason I do not do Internet sales on a regular basis.) If I test it good and it ends up DOA after shipment, then we know it was shipping that did the damage and I can file a claim. I will take a picture of it sealed, open it, plug it in to make sure it powers up, take another pic to show it powers up and then reseal it for shipment... and double box it at my expense. As noted previously, it is unusual to get one of these DOA, but being the last one I got was DOA, I would rather err on the side of caution. Yes... I do own one of these myself and it was obviously not DOA, but I ordered it prior to the previous unit that was DOA.

I can tell you that you will be hard pressed to find this unit new for less than $1500-1600 from an authorized dealer. As you can see at the Shack Electronics Store, the best price new is $1,589 + shipping. Refurbished is $1,349.

This is one bad to the bone receiver if there ever has been one. I would have to say it has to be the best receiver available right now for under $3,000. I went from an Onkyo 876 to a NAD T785 to an Onkyo 906. I really liked the 876 and the 785, but the 906 is just plain awesome. Being an Onkyo dealer, I have access to any model I want up to the new 5007, but I prefer the 906 over anything else they offer. If you are in the market for one, I highly doubt you will EVER see one new at this price EVER again. You will be thanking me... :T

So... $1,200 + shipping (double boxed and insured)... brand new!

I will accept PayPal or a Certified Check/Money Order if you overnight it to me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.