Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my A/V, as im still waiting for the delivery of the 7.1 speaker system. I decided to try out this baby with some speakers. I am trying to connect a 2 channel setup temporarily. I have tried conecting speaker A and B to the front channel connectors / zone 2 connectors. Unfortunatly sound only comes out of 1 speaker. Bought speakers are ok as swapping them / cables with the left channel produces sound.

Can anyone enlighten me to my misconfiguration issue? as the manual was not helpful in diagnosing this issue

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
If you swapped speakers and they both work, sounds like you have a bad channel. There's is not much to connecting and setting up the speakers to play.

Did you run Auto-Setup? If not, run it and then see if it plays, if not, then I definitely believe you got a bum receiver.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try the auto setup. The interesting thing is that it is in my opinion pumping bought channels from the same speaker. As changing the mode to stereo and mono produces very different / blunt sound.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also played around with zone A / B connectors again sound only produced from L channel. either all the bord is bad or this is bad config. I will try the auto setup after a factory default reset.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am sure this is a config issue, as when i ran the auto setup program I recieved a NO on the right F channel (speaker not detected), so in order to isolate the issue of bad channel I also connected the speaker to the center channel and a tone played. Now my input (composite Cab/sat) is still playing from only the left front channel. I tried all speaker ports and still no sound. I admit i did not do the first time setup (on the assumption that I will be repeating the process once the real speakers arrive). Anyone have any idea what this could be?? I sure hope its not a bad A/V as the shipping on this unit was murder.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FIXED IT, the default listening mode was mono :S
changed it to stereo all channel and sound played.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problem still persists it was the C channel that was producing the sound. Anyone know how to fix a dead channel?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ebay, the issue is SHIPPING costs a tonne. So if there is some fuse I can test before paying for shipping again Id rather o that.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I am not aware of anything... someone else might be though.

I would contact the seller and see if he will absorb the shipping since it the channel is dead on arrival.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts