Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, have not been on here for quiet a while as i seperated from my mrs. I have a Onkyo TX SR705 but i want more power to my speakers can i know i can add another amp . the question is is a mono block ok or does it have to be 7.1 power amp. and Happy New Year to you all.

Thanks for all your help in 2010.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
A monoblock will work as long as you have two of them because you would need to have one for the left and one for the right front speaker. The surrounds would not need to be powered externally.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i NEED MORE POWER FOR ALL MY SPEAKERS THE ONKYO HAS NOT ENOUGH POWER SO A 7 CHANNEL WILL GIVE ME MORE TO ALL SPEAKERS TAKING LOAD OFF THE ONKYO IS THIS CORRECT? CHEERS TROY

A monoblock will work as long as you have two of them because you would need to have one for the left and one for the right front speaker. The surrounds would not need to be powered externally.

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
You could look at an amp such as the Emotive XPA-5 - use it to power your L/C/R and side surrounds. Then, power your rear surrounds with the Onkyo giving you the 2 channel driven output to your rears and amp rated RMS to your mains, center, and side surrounds.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ALM for you information . I would love to get the emotiva 7 channel but no longer available. so i will get the the 5 channel. Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts