Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an Onkyo TX-SR674S from "Warehouse Deals" on Amazon (Crutchfield refurb outlet I believe). I'm having a serious issue with setup.

I get no video from the HDMI to my Olevia 232V HDTV (with source set as HDMI).

I have a home theater PC that uses a DVI-to-HDMI cable, and this works when connected directly to the TV. I use 1360x768. I've connected the HDMI end of this to HDMI input 1 on the Onkyo, and I have a straight HDMI cable going from the output on the Onkyo to the Olevia. On the Onkyo's video setup menu, I set Video 1 HDMI to IN1. Nothing but "No Signal" on the TV.

I also have a Nintendo Wii and a Sony PS2, each is connected separately to the Onkyo with component cables. I have the Wii on IN2 and PS2 on IN3, and set the Onkyo Video 2 to IN2 and Video 3 to IN3. Again, I get nothing but "No Signal".

I have a composite cable going from "Monitor Out" on the Onkyo to the Olevia, and in that mode I can get the Onkyo's setup menu.

In all my research, the TX-SR674S should be able to Up-Convert my component inputs to HDMI, and it should just work with a computer on HDMI too. I've now tried 2 different HDMI cables from the Onkyo to the Olevia, same result.

:hissyfit::gah::wits-end:

I've e-mailed above to Crutchfield, but I don't know if they'll provide support since it's not sold directly by them.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Warehouse Deals is not Crutchfield... it is Amazon... and they have a 30 day money back guarantee.

Warehouse Deals

Warehouse Deals, Inc
Warehouse Deals is an Amazon.com subsidiary. We offer overstock, returns, and slightly damaged merchandise at reduced prices with the benefits of Amazon.com fulfillment and customer service. Satisfaction is guaranteed! If you are unsatisfied with the product for any reason, you can return it in its original condition within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping cost if the return is a result of our error. Please click here for a return merchandise label. For further assistance, please contact Amazon customer service.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried Onkyo tech support, but their conclusion is the unit's video output is defective. Going to have to ship it back.

Really bummed about it. :foottap:

I think I'll just have to bite it and pay more for another receiver from a local shop.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
That is quite a bit of savings... I would see if they could swap it out with a unit that has actually been tested.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately, they told me "but because Warehouse Deals' inventory is constantly changing, we're unable to replace any items sold through Warehouse
Deals."

I just did a check again on Amazon, and there's a new one at $459, a used one at $306 and a refurb at $419.

Frankly, I'm so bummed by this that I think I'll just return it for refund and buy a new one locally. The audio shop I went to last weekend has the SR605, this year's model, for $459 with 4 year warranty. Seems like a better deal, and it's local with local service. Plus they do in shop repairs for everything they sell, and will even give loaners if needed.

I'll probably get some speakers there too (thinking Klipsch RF10s). It'll cost me more than I was originally planning but they have free extended warranties, in house repairs, and loaners, and will do upgrades as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts