Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for some odd reason my reciver is stuck in THX music. i have a Onkyo tx-sr707. i like to watch tv in dolby digital and i can't seem to get my settings back to that. any help would be great. thanks for reading

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
for some odd reason my reciver is stuck in THX music. i have a Onkyo tx-sr707. i like to watch tv in dolby digital and i can't seem to get my settings back to that. any help would be great. thanks for reading
Hello,
That is an interesting predicament. Just to make sure I have this right, it is locked on THX Music every time it sees a 5.1 Bitstream? Or does it default to THX Music and from there have to change it into DD?

If it is the latter, I am pretty sure all you need to do is go into Listener Mode Presets in the 707's Setup Menu and make sure THX Music is not selected for 5.1 Sources on the TV Input or whatever Input you use for TV. You can change it to Dolby Digital or THX Cinema or whatever you please.

If it is locked on THX Music and cannot be changed either on the Remote or the Front Panel, you might have to do a Microprocessor Reset. This is done by holding down VCR-1 and the Power/Standby Button on the Front Panel. Only do this as a last recourse as you will lose all your Settings and will have to redo Audyssey, Digital/HDMI Inputs, Speaker Crossover and everything else. It will be like when you first got the AVR.
Cheers,
JJ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts