Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of adding the ONKYO TXSR706B to the theater i am planing. Any opinions or suggestions?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Neither receiver will do better than the other in two channel mode. However as I do have the Onkyo 805 I can say that it sounds fantastic in Pure direct mode. Give a listen to both if you have the chance and let your ears make the decision for you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
onkyo gives you alota bang for the buck. I find with every onkyo reciever I have ever used is that they are very sensetive to the output ground of cable/satellite connections causing a slight buzz mainly comming from the sub.Running the coax into a line conditioner first can solve this most times .

·
Registered
526 Posts
I am thinking of adding the ONKYO TXSR706B to the theater i am planing. Any opinions or suggestions?
You know, today you have an excellent choice in home theater receivers in the market place right now. But to keep it simple, from all I have read and heard, talking generally overall considering all options, I feel the Onkyo line of receivers are hard to beat. In just about every price point, you can find a FULLY FEATURED UNIT, WITH most, if not all the codecs and connections that you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts