Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is not so long I am using REW.
I am doing some sub testing and trying to send patterns to LFE channel only. I have an Anthem MRX510 and an OLED 55B6V LG TV
I have loaded last version of asio4all driver and connecting to my Anthem MRX I can select one of the 8 channel. Unluckily I have a flashing issue I am trying to solve with Anthem support. So unusable for the time being.

I am trying to do the same from my LG Oled TV (55B6V).

The issue is that with REW I can see only 2 channels (PCM 2.0)

If I play a movie trough LG HDMI, 5.1 is played with no issue (I.e. I see my receiver getting the audio codec and playing). 7.1 should be converted to 5.1 and HD to lossy (and I say "should" as LG TV does that with its internal player, but fails doing that on HDMI input - also that communicated to LG support).

I suspect my LG TV gives back some audio capability that makes Asio driver to fall down to 2 channel.

Any comments?
Any suggestion about how I could have that fixed?

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
The driver would typically reflect the PCM audio channels the connected device can offer. Your receiver has 7.1 outputs so offers 8 channels of PCM. Your TV most likely only has stereo speakers so only offers 2 channels. A compressed stream such as a movie soundtrack can be passed through to the receiver for decoding, but the test signals are not compressed streams so you are seeing the linear PCM capabilities that are supported.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts