Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Longtime lurker, decided I'd better become active here. Late last year I caught the open baffle bug and now on my 2nd big design. Hoping to learn a lot from this site. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Have fun. Dennis

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum:wave:...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Architect7, great to hear from a fellow Open-baffle enthusiast.

I would like to read more about your open-baffle experiences - your successful or promising designs and your open baffle plans and projects you believe might need some more refinements.

BTW, in the open-baffle arena, I'm currently working on a speaker using three stacked BG Neo10 midranges (cover midrange about 250 Hz to 3 kHz – see DIYAudio (“StudioTech” postings) and see Parts Express for info on this midrange driver), a RAAL 140-15D ribbon tweeter with the optional amorphous core transformer, and a 15'' B&C Neo woofer covering down to say, 70 Hz, to limit woofer cone excursion and use reasonable EQ. Below 70 Hz will use Velodyne DD-15 sub where I believe it's usually better than most open baffle subs – IMO, unless you spend megabucks on big drivers, highly EQ'd open baffle subs tend to have just too much distortion below about 40 Hz.

Hope to see future open-baffle posts. As for me, I'm rather busy and can't post very much these days.

If I do post more about my open-baffle project, I wonder if this thread is considered the proper place

Bill

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Welcome to HTS, Architect7!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts