Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again.

For the past few months I've been tweaking my setup, moving my sub around as much as I can, and learning more about REW.

Here is my latest measurement of both sub and mains. What do you think?

sub with mains, tuned 16 hz, audyssey on.jpg

Thank you for taking time to help. It is truly appreciated. :clap:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wayne. That was with Audyssey MultEQ XT on my Onkyo.

Here is another measurement without Audyssey. I like the sound better with it on. Looks like it helps my sub and mains blend a little better (I think I'm reading this correctly).

sub with mains, tuned 16 hz, audyssey off.jpg

Thanks again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am learning REW as well. I would say that your graph looks very nice. The blending from mains to sub is very smooth. You must have fairly nice sub to get a bump at the 18 hz level. My subs are home built (12 inch) and don't do much below 35. But I am building some new ones that will have servo subs in them. 15 inchers, so that should help alot. Maybe when they are done in a week or two I will have a chart somewhat like yours.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I cant tell you how much of an effect moving the subs around the room has on frequency response. But it sounds like you know that already. What kind of sub do you have?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cant tell you how much of an effect moving the subs around the room has on frequency response. But it sounds like you know that already. What kind of sub do you have?
Moving the 200 pound beast around the room is the reason I took a few months to dial it in. Not easy to do in a non-dedicated room. Funny thing is I ended up putting it back where it started. But I had to try.

I have an SVS PB12 Ultra/2. The mains (and the rest of the package) are from Axiom (M60s).

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hi Dewd. I didn't check your screen name until the last post. Thad graph looks great! I wish I could get close to that smooth in my room.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts