Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Seems pricey but the features looks like this player delivers. A buddy of mine just got the sony BDP-S550 and it has about the same features as this one but he got his for almost $200 less than this player. Just wonder with the price difference will the player have that much additional quality to sound and/or picture.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the big thing with these will be the upconversion of SD-DVD, which oppo is so well known for.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Any word on a release date for these yet? I've been looking for an all in one solution. I'm currently using a PS3 for Blu-ray and SACD (I hate SACD over HDMI on the PS3) and my trusty Toshiba SD-9200 for Redbook and DVD-A.

I know the 9200 is a few years old but it has a great reputation for its sound quality. How do you think the BDP-83 will compare?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Oppo BD-83 can play SACD and DVD-A formats as well as any SD DVD material and Blu-Ray. There aren't many that can do all of those formats. and the one i do know that does is about 3-4x more.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I got a E-mail from Oppo asking if I wanted to be one of the early adopters. I said YES. but alas :sob:there were only 50 and I did not get choosen. March does look like the realese date though.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Also it would appear the final price should be 499.00 to 599.00 as the EAP program price was 499.00 if you were picked.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't believe those doofus heads at oppo didn't even offer me a early adoption... :dontknow:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Didn't pick me, either. Oh well.:unbelievable:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I didn't get picked either, but I say bravo to Oppo for their EAP. Many Blu-ray manufacturers have been doing this for a while. They just forget to tell the consumer that it is an EAP. :unbelievable:

The reviews I have seen have been very positive and it appears that the "Fortunate Fifty" are finding problems in areas I would never use. I expect that when this unit is released, the bugs will be few and only in areas where few tread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts