Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

optical sound or logitech,creative pc speaker system

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  brandonnash 
#1 ·
Hi

I can't decide what road I should go download to choose a speaker system for my Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series it has a Optical output it also has ports for computer 5.1+ speaker system. So my question is should I get a onkyo tx-sr501 then run optical out from x-fi into optical in of onkyo tx-sr501, but I hear some reports about not getting full 5.1+ surround with Optical usually just only two speakers working.

Or should I choose to get a logitech or creative analog speaker system but really I want digital sound but all the pc speaker system I find are usually only analog.

So any help is great

Thanks

#3 ·
First of all ... Welcome to the froum :wave:

... my question is should I get a onkyo tx-sr501 then run optical out from x-fi into optical in of onkyo tx-sr501, but I hear some reports about not getting full 5.1+ surround with Optical usually just only two speakers working.
I also agree to go with Onkyo and bookshelf speakers, if you get only two speakers to play when using a 5.1 source, probably it will have to do with the set up :huh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.