Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wgmontgomery said:
Depending on which version you have, from what I read you are correct. Also, turn-off all the "extras" (DSP and 'plug-ins'). :)
Yeah. I don't have any of that stuff on my mac, so no issues there. As far as iTunes versions go, I have the latest (10.6). So I believe the suggested course of action in my case is to go with the tracks sample rate?

Sent from my iPhone using HTShack

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
No; I believe that iTunes recommends going with the highest rate your device will handle:

"For iTunes versions later then 7, we recommend setting the sample rate to the highest sample rate that your device is capable of"

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, I see. I was worried about that last section that mentioned re-sampling/distortion, but it sounds like that would only occur if you changed the sample rate while iTunes was open. If you make the change with iTunes closed, the re-sampling/distortion should not occur, correct?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Oh, I see. I was worried about that last section that mentioned re-sampling/distortion, but it sounds like that would only occur if you changed the sample rate while iTunes was open. If you make the change with iTunes closed, the re-sampling/distortion should not occur, correct?

"AudioMIDI while iTunes is open will not change the sample rate of iTunes until iTunes is re-launched. Consequently, it will cause CoreAudio to sample-rate convert the audio coming from iTunes. The result of CoreAudio sample-rate conversion is significant distortion"

I believe that you are correct. :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That definitely makes it easier as I won't have to change it all time. Set it & enjoy the music :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts