Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

My first post here on the forum so be ....:sn:

I would like to make a diy subwoofer for my HT room wich have about 75m3.
Im from europe so i must buy drivers wich are available here. Im looking for one or
maybe two Malestorms 21 from Exodus Audio. Is there any better price performance
solution. Size of the box isnt mater.
I would like to have a subwoofer wich can handle with my rest of the sistem down to 15-20Hz.
I have so far Onkyo 807 reciver and Klipsch speaker set (RF-82, RC-64 and RS-62).

Thank you for help.
B.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hello.

My first post here on the forum so be ....:sn:

I would like to make a diy subwoofer for my HT room wich have about 75m3.
Im from europe so i must buy drivers wich are available here. Im looking for one or
maybe two Malestorms 21 from Exodus Audio. Is there any better price performance
solution. Size of the box isnt mater.
I would like to have a subwoofer wich can handle with my rest of the sistem down to 15-20Hz.
I have so far Onkyo 807 reciver and Klipsch speaker set (RF-82, RC-64 and RS-62).

Thank you for help.
B.
You can't go wrong with the Maelstroms. Klipsch Reference speakers are very good and the 807 is the right price point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you lsiberian for help.
Im very happy with my reference speakers and i would like to have a subwoofer mached with them down to 20 maybe 15Hz.
My main problem is how many drivers (malestorm or other) do i need to reach this goal in my 75m3
(2650 coubic feet) room.
Thanks.
B.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dimensions of the room:
13,3x26x7,7 feet
There is one door and window and there is concrete floor and brick wall.
I have plan to put bass traps in all four corners of the room.

Thanks.
B.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Question: Optimal number of subwoofers for your home theater?
Answer: How many can you fit into the walls, floor and other enclosures and still be able to sit down and avoid the roof caving in? Just joking, of course, but if you are doing and IB sub, there are some crazies out there. To some of the die-hards, it is like asking how much money I should have in the bank. You can never have too much or too many. :hsd:

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hi Bili,

as has been mentioned there really is no such thing as "too many subs" however realistically one in each corner of the room can give very good results or at least two up front but setup and adjustments get tricky the more you have as overlapping frequencies can cancel them selves out.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I'd recommend at least 2 separate subwoofer cabs if not 3 or 4 placed in different spots to help smooth out the response.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hi Bili,

as has been mentioned there really is no such thing as "too many subs" however realistically one in each corner of the room can give very good results or at least two up front but setup and adjustments get tricky the more you have as overlapping frequencies can cancel them selves out.
Please see the harman white paper. http://www.harman.com/EN-US/OurCompany/Technologyleadership/Documents/White Papers/multsubs.pdf

According to their research 4 subs is the max to use in a square room and 2 subs are actually nearly equivalent. It's a fascinating read. Check it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts