Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried winisd pro, but am confused at how to find the optimum sealed box volume and whether to go with the AV15H or X. Any help on picking the correct driver or volume would be much appreciated.

I am looking for strong 15-80hz performance, and would use a veldoyne 1000rms watt (2000 max) plate amp off a SPL-800R or one channel of a behringer EP4000 for 1400 watts (could bridge if it can handle it). With it being sealed, I also plan on using a behringer feedback destroyer. Also, I'm planning on a sonosub setup (18" up to 24" diameter) and haven't decided to lay it on its side or sit it vertical.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The H model has a bit stronger motor and will provide 1-2db's more in the low bass department. It will also work better in a smaller box, around 2-3cf sealed. On the other hand, the X model has 1-2db's more in the mid-bass department and will work better in a bigger box, around 3-4cf sealed will do.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I was modeling this driver the other day and it wasn't really all that deep-reaching from what I could see. It kind of modeled like a car driver would.... was I just using the wrong T/S parameters?

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
The H model has a bit stronger motor and will provide 1-2db's more in the low bass department. It will also work better in a smaller box, around 2-3cf sealed. On the other hand, the X model has 1-2db's more in the mid-bass department and will work better in a bigger box, around 3-4cf sealed will do.
The H provides slightly more low base in a smaller cab, but if you use the X vs the H model with each in their optimum cabs, the X has 1-2 db more low end output.

I was modeling this driver the other day and it wasn't really all that deep-reaching from what I could see. It kind of modeled like a car driver would.... was I just using the wrong T/S parameters?
The TFM graph does make it look as though it isnt going to go that deep, but they do. The spl graph will show you this. The TFM graph isnt the be all and end all, you need to look at the model as a whole.

Optimum sizes for ported cabinets depends entirely on the kind of design you want to go for. For sealed, the X driver works in 75-110 litres cabs well, and the H in 35-50 litre cabs. I personally lean towards the upper end of those sizes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.