Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's, I just had an accident with my PJ and the HDMI cable got bent at the back of the projector, don't ask :rolleyesno:, Well it stopped working and I had to go with an HDMI to DVI adaptor and connect useing DVI-d to get it to work. My question is what would have broken? Would it be something I could fix myself being that I have limited knowledge in this area or would it be stupid for me to even attempt and just leave it alone and use the Dvi until I can send it out to be fixed? Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Repairing a connector broken off a board can range from easy to nearly impossible. There is no way to know without looking at it. If you do not have experience working with delicate circuit board repairs, I would leave it alone.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking the same thing but wanted to ask anyway just in case it might not be that difficult. So you think that I broke the board? Also could this lead to other problems if I don't have it fixed?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
There is no way to know without looking at it. Some connectors come off clean and others take the traces or part of the board with them. I doubt that not fixing it will create any other problems.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, thanks for your help.:T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts