Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 66 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Hello all,
Was contemplating purchasing the HD70 for a long time... mainly as a companion for my xbox360 because of rave reviews, pricing and well they look like a match made in heaven; then I stumble across this forum and to my delight Optoma have again brought true HD to the masses.
My problem is I live in New Zealand. We here are blessed with great people, great scenery but completely ridiculous pricing for technology (if they ever get here). For example the HD70 still retails for $NZ2699 (US$1850 ***).
Now by chance my girlfriend travels frequently through Alaska and Florida for her job on a cruise liner so my question is:
Would you recommend I get one of these from the States for the low low price of $US999 (or better) or do you foresee problems in my plan to save money?
Here in New Zealand we have PAL-B TV system (dunno if that matters) and run on 220V. I suppose I can get an inverter for power or possibly a replacement cord if the projector is able to be switched between operating voltages.
Warranty is not an issue as I will treat this like my baby.
Thank you all for your time and look forward to comments and advice.

· Registered
4 Posts
Thank you thank you thank you for the prompt reply
Looks llike xmas is gona come a early this year
Didn't notice you were in Oz... so just to confirm all i will need is a 3pin plug to suit NZ and I am away happy?
if so HD baby in all its glory coming to a home near me soon

· Registered
4 Posts
Firstly, props for prompt reply
Secondly, at the risk of sounding like a complete noob, do these cords have a "brick" on them like laptop power cords or are they just plain cords. Just wondering how difficult it will be to track one of these down if they do have a brick
Thirdly, any experience/comments on using an Ikea Tupplar roller blind as a makeshift screen?
Thanks again

1 - 4 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.