Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the new owner of a new Optoma HD 65.
Excellent resolution and brightness. As for color, I noticed an excessive red at all inputs, mainly in and HDMI. RGB was easy to correct, but HDMI that has "gain" and "bias" adjustments for each color, I was unable to reach a satisfactory result, which currently leads me to not use the HDMI.
I adjusted brightness and contrast with the Video Essentials.
Someone had similar difficulty?
Any hint of the calibration roadmap?
Thank you,
Marcos
:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you fibreKid.
My main problem with the HD65 was resolved after I realized that my DVD player had its "color saturation" setting completely out of the normal position, but this seting is very well hidden at the menu and i was dificult to find.
I liked very much the information you sent regarding calibration. I put a color meter at my wish list.
I noticed that you have a Behringer BFD 1124P at your setup.
Would you please send me some information regarding it's effectiveness?
I am considering using one too, because I have a 18 dB peak at 42 Hz, but I am not sure yet about this acquisition.
Best regards,
Marcos

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same projector. I don't have a light meter or any fancy equipment, but I did find the following calibration settings on projector reviews. I can't post the link, but here's his settings copied below. I use the UserMode and I think it looks great. I'm using a gray screen.

UserMode

Contrast = -4
Brightness = 2
Gain R = 5
G = 0
B = 2
Bias R = -3
G = 0
B = 0

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Gain adjusts the bright areas while Bias adjusts the dark areas or the whole range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts