Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally bought a manufactured screen..I ordered an Elite 106" CineWhite fixed screen...I have a Epson Powerlite 2000 3D LCD projector...This will basically be a test to see if it looks better than my painted DIY screen...Do you think I will notice a huge difference in picture quality?..Will it be ok for 3D??

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
What was your painted screen again? Is it close to the Elite material? If so, you'll notice little improvement in picture quality if you did a good job painting your screen. The big difference between a manufactured screen and diy is the time and effort put forth to the finished product. There is very little time or effort put into a manufactured screen and the finished product almost always comes out looking very good - both picture wise and aesthetics wise.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, here it is, my new 106" Elite screen, all put together and mounted!!
The frame was very easy to put together, but the screen was a pain, literally!!
I must say, the picture is a lot smoother compared to my painted screen, but I don't see any real difference in contrast or picture quality.
The black felt on the frame does absorb light very well.
Overall, I am pleased with the screen and it looks great on the wall..not too shabby for $275!! :)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I couldn't imagine 106":). Back to watching my 64" plasma and dreaming of a big screen future congrats. The price seems very reasonable as well.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I couldn't imagine 106":). Back to watching my 64" plasma and dreaming of a big screen future congrats. The price seems very reasonable as well.
Thanks buddy!!..Yes, the screen and projector total was only $1,200..which is cheaper than most 65" tv's, and it's 3D as well..I think its the best bang for the buck :)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Thanks buddy!!..Yes, the screen and projector total was only $1,200..which is cheaper than most 65" tv's, and it's 3D as well..I think its the best bang for the buck :)
I'm trapped in our living room so we couldn't go with a projector:(. Our plasma was about$3700 it could of got us a nice setup but there's always tomorrow :).

·
Registered
910 Posts
Congrats. Great looking screen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts