Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well I said forget the car sub/cheap sub build and I just went and ordered a stereo integrity ht 18 $159 with free shipping so excited :D oh yeah in the end it will be well worth it. how long will it take to get this sub.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Nick is very quick at getting products out the door. So you should see it there now at your door:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha yes everything I hear about him and his products is all good i'm excited for this sub. now gotta figure out what I'm doing for the box and amp. I messed one thing up I ordered a dual 4 and not dual 2 :doh: ugh oh well just need to find a amp to power it right, I been looking at the behringer ep2000 but any other suggestions.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Get an ep4000 or ep2500. Either would power it very nicely in dual 4-ohm mode and would have enough power for two if you wanted a second.

You'll want two. Too much is never enough!

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
EP2000 or Inuke 3000w will do just fine.

·
Registered
256 Posts
allisman42 there are lots of box options out there. erich over at diy sound group should have boxes for that subwoofer and if you wanted something a little nicer you can contact nathen at funk audio.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks but I'm gonna build my own box will be cheaper and then can make it how I like was thinking of making it like an end table something around 5 cubic feet after all displacment , driver, ports, bracing tuned to 20hz will that be good and what size ports 2 4inch 1 6inch or 2 6inch

·
Registered
248 Posts
I tryed modeling a SI HT18 into my 4,5 ft3 20hz enclosure and it didn't looked so nice. At this size you might be better to go with sealed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm ok yeah not sure on si's sit it says 5 to 6 ported and I was really looking to go ported but how would it sound in like 4 to 5 sealed an how low would it play?

·
Registered
248 Posts
It would have less output. It should sound slightly better (but that doesn't mean ported sound bad and it also depend on what you like). If you can accept a larger enclosure the ported subwoofer will be a better bang for the buck. People that go sealed usually get 2 or 4 of them where ported can bring decent output with 1 or 2 (but again it depend of a few other factor).

Sealed also play lower since it doesn't need HPF but is does so at lower volume. Usually for a 20hz tune vs a proper size sealed the sealed start to get more output around 10hz compared to the ported.

If you tell us your room size and what you can accept as far as enclosure size (net volume) we can do better recommendation.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you and the room its going in is small about 15' 10" wide 11' deep and 8' 5" high and only looking at using one

1 - 13 of 13 Posts