Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I noticed that ever since I updated to OSX 10.11.4 I could no longer get a measurement to generate. When I try to run a sweep I cannot get REW to generate a measurement. It just shows a -180db line. RTA doesn't work either. I use to be able to make measurements prior to 10.11.4. I tried downgrading Java to an older build as well with no luck. I tried reinstalling REW as well. The only time I'm able to generate a measurement is if I go into preference and run a calibration.

Is anyone experiencing the same issue?

·
REW Author
6,711 Posts
Just installed 10.11.4 and it is working normally for me. Check that it hasn't lost your input and output device selections.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have a mid-2014 MBP 15" retina btw. I just tested REW with a MBA running OSX 10.11.4 and it works, but my MBP does not.

Tried resetting NVRAM and SMC just now too. Man.... i'm lost.

Does anyone know where REW keeps its preference files for REW? I might need to do a deep uninstall/reinstall. I need to know what files are kept.

I made a short screen capture to display my problem:

·
REW Author
6,711 Posts
That is pretty strange. You can remove REW's preferences by using the "Delete preferences and shut down" option in the Preferences menu.

Looking again at the screen capture the SPL in the level warning comes up as -infinity, which suggests the SPL calibration offset has been corrupted somehow. You might (should) be able to fix that by just re-doing SPL calibration, otherwise removing preferences as explained above should fix it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YES!!!! It was a corrupted preference.

I used the "Delete preferences and shutdown" function and it works now! Thanks John!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts