Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Overview:
Soon I will be getting rid of Direct TV, so I am in the process of look for replacement solution for my TV entertainment. I have a Amazon Prime and Netflix member ship, a PS3 on my main TV and a Roku on my secondary TV. I think this combo should work fine to cover my internet streaming needs, but figure out my OTA/DVR solution is not quite as simple.

Question:
Living with a DVR for the past several years, I don't think I could go back to not having one. So my question is what DVR solutions are there for recording OTA broadcasts? I am trying to stay away for any thing that requires a subscription, and obviously cheaper is better. Also if the DVR could provide streaming of recorded shows to my Roku on the secondary TV it would be very nice. I saw a product call Simple.TV which looks like it would cover most of DVR requirements, any thoughts on this product? Also there is always the option of building a cheap low powered HTPC, but last time I did this (6 years ago) it was very cumbersome to get all of the software to work and power consumption is a big consideration in my solution since the device will be on all of the time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Came across a few products on Amazon:
amazon.com/gp/product/B004XIB9UA/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

amazon.com/gp/product/B008RHTXLA/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&smid=A3USASR20K7U7Q
Leaning towards this one right now.

amazon.com/gp/product/B0065EQ45U/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&smid=A9OMTW7ZQ3L8
Seems a little overpriced.

amazon.com/gp/product/B009L0409C/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A3SNNXCKUIW1O2
Seems good, but I would never use the built-in DVDr

Anyone care to comment on any of these, or have other suggestions?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts