Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For starters hello my name is kevin and In a nube to the shack and wanted the minds of this forums to see if they could help me... thanks...

SO currently i own 2 kicker cvr 400 rms and 800 peak and im interested in getting a pa amp the one listed above in the title either behringer 4000/2000 or qsc 1450/1850/2450 or Mackie FR 1400i, but i dont want my circuity popping all the time when i hit a bass line or a action scene in a movie. I can get the behringer 4000 current going prices 350/300 on Partsexpress and the qsc 1450 for $300 and the 2450 for $400 and the mackie 1400 i the FR series for 200$ :spend: :dontknow: although i dont know which one to get

If you could please keep in mind theres a Fi btl or q headed my way for Christmas or my B-day in march

And currently my kickers 12in cvrs are ina 2½ cubic foot box..SEALED

and if you guys have any box suggestions either ported or sealed with sizes please let me know

THANKS AND CHEERS

KRAZYBASSKEVIN

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
The Behringer amps are used regularly with subwoofers and work very well as many shacksters own them. I have two EP2500's and they are fantastic with power to spare. Just remember that most pro amps need 1.4v of input to perform at rated specs so if your reciever or processor doesn't output at least that from your lfe out you will need to boost the signal with something like the Samson s-convert which run about $50. Good luck.:T

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much i didnt know about the 1.4v lfe output voltage thats something to look at thanks... Although do ou run your ep2500 off of everyday normal wall outlets?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Yes, just make sure you have at least 15 amps to run it off of and you will be fine.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok cool i think im safe there but do you think my onkyo 607 has the power to not need the s-converter... if not i saw a few s-converter by samson can you please send me the one your specifically talking about thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
behringer 4000/2000 or qsc 1450/1850/2450 or Mackie FR 1400i

There is really on choice Beringer and Mackie are not in the same league as QSC.

QSC is a far superior amp.
In the pro audio industry, the main high quality amps are QSC, Yamaha, and Crown to name a few.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And the new Behringer 4000 and the qsc 2450 i think if youve seen the video on youtube of them being almost identical and qsc is far overpriced there stuff is good but over priced behringer and mackie are the best bang for your buck IMO

·
Registered
373 Posts
The Behringer is a knockoff of one of the QSC units, but that does not mean it performs at the same level. The QSC may well hold up better under the constant punishment of live performance, but we (well most of us) don't push our amps to their limits for hours on end.

The EP2500/4000 seems like the best bang for the buck going for most sub applications.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I own two EP2500s and am about to order two more Behringer's (EP4000). I am astounded at the power of these amps and the price is amazing - I will never waste money on overpriced home-audio oriented power amps now that I have discovered the performance of pro amps (just my opinion for my needs/budget). There are multiple threads all over these audio forums that sing the praises of the EP2500 in particular - it is a tried and tested amp. Behringer made some sketchy gear in the past but the EP2500 is cut from a different cloth altogether.

And you can pick up a Samson S-Convert for about $45 at B&H Photo - I would highly recommend it regardless of the brand receiver you will be using. Also save yourself some money and pick up your xlr cables at Monoprice (even though they are not dirt cheap at Monoprice they can be outrageously priced at other online retailers).

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts