Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
Brian,

When I view Group Delay Characteristics on my projection screen, I go to Review Reverb Settings in MCACC which then shows the delay characteristics for the individual frequencies..
I don't see why it would be any different when viewing it on a PC..
I presume that you have done a Reverb test..

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
That sounds different than what I see on Reverb View..
So if you're now seeing this and can print it out, is the data now showing up?

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
Have you noticed any difference in overall frequencies above x-over with the 3 point calibration, as compared to centre point calibration? Has this opened or closed the sound field?
Did you completely seal the port or can air still pass through?

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
That is something I haven't played around with either..I don't fully understand what affect Q values have..
In the early days I did play around a bit with the filter freq's. but I didn't really notice any difference by ear, so returned them to the original settings..
i guess with the right instruments and knowing what you're doing, it could possibly improve things further..

With the 3 point mic. position, I guess you could even set it up for the back row seats, if you have them..
Would be interesting to see how that would affect the sound then to the front seats..

I did some further calibrations last night..I wanted to see what effect would be achieved by just running Full Auto on Symmetry..and then Auto - All Data - THX selected..but not set any specific delay time..just letting MCACC do the setting..and not make any manual adjustments to the EQ settings..as I've done previously..

The results quite surprised me!..The first thing I noticed was that front sound felt more wrapped around me..like a curved screen affect..
Overall sound balance between voices, background sound and music was excellent..and in a crowd scene, you could hear the ambience all around you and I felt for the first time that I was in the middle of the crowd!
I don't know what delay MCACC has set, but I'm sticking with it! :bigsmile: :T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts