Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Prof,

How do I access the Group Delay tab with my PC viewing advanced mcacc? When I go to it it tells me: "no data". What am I not doing to get that to show information? I've spent hours trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong or not doing correctly.

Please advise,

Brian in Bakersfield...:dontknow:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sir I always do and what's also interesting is that for the first time (of many) when I print the parameters it shows me the individual values in 5db steps freq by freq 8 slots for some value of "L". Very interesting, the numbers across top go from 0-7 with EQ freq's going downward at far left and all the timing measurements from stated 0 to stated 7. I'm thinking this "L" is probably level because below each group of numbers is "Level db=58 + Value". :dontknow:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope, nothing on the group delay tab, just all of the amazing info when I print. Now I printed from work this time and I know it prompted me to alter the excel doc once I saved it to my desktop so maybe all the other times whatever i have at home inhibits me from all the data. It printed a boat load of pages too not like when I printed from home. I was shocked from the "stack" of paper and valuable info after i printed, one would have to pay huge amounts of money to have someone come into your home to provide all this, just crazy all the amazing abilities.

Current: all 3 set at the 40-60ms delay, all 3 standing wave measurement points used, and my most recent thing was plugging one port tube on each sub enclosure to "de-tune" and drop hopefully some freqs...on paper now 15hz tuning with 80hz x-over and levels at -3.5db with reference levels still flirting with volume setting of -16db.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes sir I have noticed a bunch and also better resolution for sure. The standing wave freqs are more defined and not so much a guess now or averaged. Just flat out better resolution all over the board but also opens up so many crazy ways to place mic for measuring. I have not messed with adjusting the Q values or semi tweaking the freq choices after standing wave measurements and really curious how adjusting the Q factors the quality of the sound and resolution of the filters. What has been your experience with adjusting and tweaking the Q's and filters?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
That's awesome and when I think i've out-smarted it i run the Expert and I get reminded real quickly how much smarter it is than I. It must be higher than the 40-60ms and I am so curious how those slower times would sound. Too bad we couldn't get together with a few and really explore the setting with all the other variables controlled, just to enjoy all the adjustability.

I forgot to answer about plugging the ports, what I did was stuff 2 medium sized dish rags into each port and that seemed to work. I ran all 3 programs again to hear/see if having the x-over at 80hz and my first standing wave correction at 63hz, then 74hz, and finally 96hz what all that would do to the sound. I re-ran some blue rays that I knew had major lower freq output and even my girls said it shuddered more and was tonally deeper. Sometimes audio/sound goes against logic especially when it comes to plugging one port to drop an octave type stuff. Just like audiology...everything is backwards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts