Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I'd always prime with two coats and paint with two coats. For walls enamel will cover up just about anything.

make sure you paint in section so the paint dries evenly.

I've seen people not prime and it's a disaster if you bump the wall with anything. Do it right and you won't have to do it again.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I would highly recommend that you look elsewhere for paint besides home depot. While consumer reports has rated paints (based on consumer reviews) you will find that most professional painters LOATHE behr paints. Having tried many a different paint brands over the last couple of years I can say that behr was the WORST paint I encountered. Very thin, very little pigment, and it did not go on smooth at all. I even added some latex additives to make it flow better to no avail.

check out benjamin moore, kelly moore or miller (devine) paints if available in your area.

Out of all of them I would say that the benjamin more went on the easiest and had the best coverage.

If your painting a dark color (like burgundy) your going to need at least 3 coats for even coverage. Have fun!
Not sure what to make of this. Seems logical, but I wonder how much difference their could be between Behr and another latex paint. I think the main thing is to use best practices and the results will always be good. Though I'm fascinated at the prospect of Better paint. I want an enamel that cures faster and sticks well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts